• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's more important, Talent or Coaching?

Ricky Spanish

it's always a mix.  But I think overall, talent generally speaking is the most important.    I mean, horrific coaching or horrific talent can torpedo anything. 

But would you rather have:

A - Great talent, average coaching

B - Great coaching, average talent. 

Because to me, with A you can get a 2015 season.  Not consistent but you get the special. 

with B, you get the present day New England Patriots.  Doesn't matter that much at the NFL level if you got great coaching and mid level talent.  You will never really do anything with so many freaks in the NFL that get paired with middle tier coaching. 

• Beer 1

Both. It's about balance. Running or passing. Offense or deffense. It needs a bit of both because completely lacking either will be incredibly difficult to overcome.

I don't see enough of either with the Panthers. Even Rhule could pull out some wins, this is something else which is just amazing when you look at it in that context.