• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Laughable Drew Brees Quote

Captroop

"Would I have loved it if we came out here and scored 41 today? I mean, yeah, but is it worth the risk?"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300103029

As though his starting would have guaranteed not only a win, but putting more than 40 points on the board. Okay, Drew. Let's keep the ego in check. You haven't scored 40 points since October, you're coming off a loss to Tampa Bay, and your margin of victory has dwindled every week to the point that you needed overtime to beat the Redskins. Now you think that if you had started yesterday against a resurgent Carolina team coming off two blowout wins, that has been dominating the turnover margin of late, and held Tom Brady under 200 yards passing, you would have put up 41 points in (presumably) a victory? Really? I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself there.

But since you were a little fluffy-poo and didn't want to risk your invaluable body, I guess we'll never know will we?

Enjoy your trip to Miami. Oh, I don't think you'll be in the Super Bowl, it just seems since you like to presume victories that you would have already booked your tickets.

But since you were a little fluffy-poo and didn't want to risk your invaluable body, I guess we'll never know will we?

Do you think he told his coach he didn't want to play? I'd bet he wanted to play, just like Manning did, and he's just showing support for the coaching staff.

Football fans can be so sensitive.

I predict that in five minutes, this thread will be linked on Saintsreport and we will have a bunch of people sign up on this board that will post fantastic things such as "Dur hurr, you're not in da playoffhs!!1".

Posted at 1:05 pm

Do you think he told his coach he didn't want to play? I'd bet he wanted to play, just like Manning did, and he's just showing support for the coaching staff.

Football fans can be so sensitive.

Posted at 1:08 pm

Props, Mr. X-Clown. But you were off by two minutes. :D

I predict the Packers knock Sneeze out of the game with a big toe injury...which keeps him out of the Pro Bowl when his peticurist re-injures the big toe the night before the game. Ain'ts = bunch of pansies.

Posted at 1:05 pm

Posted at 1:08 pm

Props, Mr. X-Clown. But you were off by two minutes. :D

I predict the Packers knock Sneeze out of the game with a big toe injury...which keeps him out of the Pro Bowl when his peticurist re-injures the big toe the night before the game. Ain'ts = bunch of pansies.

I'm a Panthers fan. I'm new here and everyone whines like girls here.

Well, he's right. We do whine like girls.

I don't know why you guys think Brees' comment was so offensive to the Panthers. What did you expect him to say?

Agreed. However, I don't need some newbie telling me that.

If I want to hear that from someone, I will just go home and talk to the wife.:D

Archived