• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This did not age well

NAS

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you looked at Stroud's weapons and that they're missing nearly their entire starting OL. Stroud has been leaps and bounds better than Bryce very early in their respective careers. It just is what it is.

Totally agree here!  Stroud is exceling because of his arm strength, accuracy and ability to throw in to tight windows.  Hope Bryce gets there but it is what it is.

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you looked at Stroud's weapons and that they're missing nearly their entire starting OL. Stroud has been leaps and bounds better than Bryce very early in their respective careers. It just is what it is.

have you seen the routes they're running, and separation they're getting down the field?  

As far as the OL being injured, that points more to how poorly our OL depth is and how ineffective our blocking schemes have been

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1812645810_maxresdefault(1)2.jpg.8ecaed8477f33587750718e8edc0b74b.jpg

He’s not the guy, but let’s be honest. Frank and Fitterer said they both agreed on Young before and after evaluations. I know Tepper didn’t come up with the point guard example. That came from Frank or Scott. If Tepper is upset at the results this year according to Bailey and asking for change like a WR1, then I think Tepper was sold a bill of goods by Scott and Frank. Remember Frank’s playoff talk?

Tepper may be a clown but reading in between the lines and realizing he’s not coming up with point guard analogies, it seems like he’s upset that getting rid of Rhule and doing all of the off season moves has made us worse.

Scott hired Frank and they’ve been tied at the hip and right now it looks like the fuged poo up royally. It was one thing to see CMC do well because he was an expensive RB and we hadn’t used his picks. It’s another to see Fields (who Tepper wanted) look good on national TV throwing to DJ who looks better than he ever did here and be reminded that CMC is at an MVP candidate level while we struggle on offense.

15 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He speaks like he knows anything about football which he clearly does not 

Do you really think he came up with that? He clearly is just re-stating what he heard Frank or Scott tell him. Think about it. Scott was likely saying that to make it make sense that we got rid of CMC and Moore instead of trading Burns for way more than we got. I’m sure Tepper enjoyed watching the guy he wanted (Fields) light it up with DJ on prime time.

10 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

He’s not the guy, but let’s be honest. Frank and Fitterer said they both agreed on Young before and after evaluations. I know Tepper didn’t come up with the point guard example. That came from Frank or Scott. If Tepper is upset at the results this year according to Bailey and asking for change like a WR1, then I think Tepper was sold a bill of goods by Scott and Frank. Remember Frank’s playoff talk?

Tepper may be a clown but reading in between the lines and realizing he’s not coming up with point guard analogies, it seems like he’s upset that getting rid of Rhule and doing all of the off season moves has made us worse.

Scott hired Frank and they’ve been tied at the hip and right now it looks like the fuged poo up royally. It was one thing to see CMC do well because he was an expensive RB and we hadn’t used his picks. It’s another to see Fields (who Tepper wanted) look good on national TV throwing to DJ who looks better than he ever did here and be reminded that CMC is at an MVP candidate level while we struggle on offense.

We don't know how the decision making process went down. There was a lot of talk about Bryce not fitting Reich's model of a QB and now there's a lot of rumors Reich didn't want Bryce. True or not? Who knows?

22 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Well here are a few plays from his last QB school.  If you still think this is great protection instead of great quarterbacking then lets discuss further.  CJ's protection is breaking down often, the kid just makes the right play very often.  I mean these plays are just sick and there are plenty of them.

https://youtu.be/1Pghr8IRMc4?si=9oRUFoTJ78lfol73&t=391

https://youtu.be/1Pghr8IRMc4?si=PLAC4xnHZTji9nyN&t=963

I said nothing about “not great quarterbacking”. I wanted Stroud over Bryce. Stroud looks great and I also believe he would do better than Bryce is currently doing in our current system. Will Bryce catch up to him eventually? One can dream and hope so. I just pointed out that Texans are performing better than they look on paper across the offensive positions, which probably comes from much better play design and coaching, an area where we are significantly lacking. 

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Stroud has played better yeah. But did you know Houston’s offensive line is pass protecting FAR better than ours? Did you know our best receiver would be their receiver 3, maybe even receiver 4 behind Robert Woods? Really obvious who watches and understands ball & who is just saying stuff they heard on the internet 

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

I said nothing about “not great quarterbacking”. I wanted Stroud over Bryce. Stroud looks great and I also believe he would do better than Bryce is currently doing in our current system. Will Bryce catch up to him eventually? One can dream and hope so. I just pointed out that Texans are performing better than they look on paper across the offensive positions, which probably comes from much better play design and coaching, an area where we are significantly lacking. 

I was addressing the part of your comment where you stated that the highlights you had watched had great protection.  It was phrased as though Stroud owes his success to good line play.  The point of the clips I shared was to show that Stroud is helping himself when the protection isn't there.

53 minutes ago, Martin said:

In the highlight he has great protection and WRs with some separation.

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

I was addressing the part of your comment where you stated that the highlights you had watched had great protection.  It was phrased as though Stroud owes his success to good line play.  The point of the clips I shared was to show that Stroud is helping himself when the protection isn't there.

Got you. Yeah Stroud is doing what many of us thought he would. This is the “Georgia game Stroud”.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Stroud has played better yeah. But did you know Houston’s offensive line is pass protecting FAR better than ours? Did you know our best receiver would be their receiver 3, maybe even receiver 4 behind Robert Woods? Really obvious who watches and understands ball & who is just saying stuff they heard on the internet 

Keep coping. The Panthers traded for a guy they thought could make up for these deficits with his football brilliance despite his limited physical traits. It's not working out.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Keep coping. The Panthers traded for a guy they thought could make up for these deficits with his football brilliance despite his limited physical traits. It's not working out.

Agree, that is the biggest issue. His mind was supposed to overcome everything else, and we are waiting to see that come through. It is early yet, but I expected more at this point.

• Pie 2