• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

26 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I was gonna say. This is the most close-knit forum on this site. Small sample size but everyone here gets along despite disagreements in the TB and about the Canes. 

Sounds like those two have had a beef. Oh well. Back on subject now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

We made the CF without Svech and a broken Tuevo. We destroyed the Devils along the way and despite what anyone else thinks, we outplayed Florida every single game in my opinion. We just got goalied. There’s a luck factor and the playoffs can be a crapshoot. Vegas is built very similarly to us talent wise and they won the SC by destroying that same Florida team. I’d say we are deeper than them. 

Not having a healthy Teuvo last year keeps getting overlooked. Having him back at full strength is just like adding another top six winger to the team.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

All things considered. I think Teuvo rebounds, Jarvis progresses, Svech takes some time to get going but becomes a 35-40 goal guy, Bunting becomes the additional top six guy we needed, Orlov sures up the defense, TDA fixes the PP, Lemiuex becomes our enforcer, and we win the Cup.

Let’s get this show started!

Bunting will bring that fighting enforcer piece that we had desperately needed. If he scores, that’s a bonus too. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

All things considered. I think Teuvo rebounds, Jarvis progresses, Svech takes some time to get going but becomes a 35-40 goal guy, Bunting becomes the additional top six guy we needed, Orlov sures up the defense, TDA fixes the PP, Lemiuex becomes our enforcer, and we win the Cup.

Let’s get this show started!

MDC: I have not seen more than 10 minutes of preseason. How are the lines shaping up? Who is where?

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

MDC: I have not seen more than 10 minutes of preseason. How are the lines shaping up? Who is where?

Based off last night it looks like Bunting - Aho - Jarvis will be the top line. Turbo - KK - Necas looks to be second line at least until Svech returns. Martinook - Staal - Fast is the third but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Turbo - Staal - Fast once Svech is healthy. Noesen and Drury seem to be cemented on the fourth line and I think Martinook will join them there eventually. I suppose Lemieux will occasionally rotate in.

Defensively it looks like it’ll be Slavin - Burns, Skjei - Pesce, Orlov - DeAngelo/Chatfield. I wouldn’t totally be shocked to see us go 11 and 7 until Svech comes back.

Suzuki, Unger-Sorum, and Ponomarev are also pushing for roster spots.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Based off last night it looks like Bunting - Aho - Jarvis will be the top line. Turbo - KK - Necas looks to be second line at least until Svech returns. Martinook - Staal - Fast is the third but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Turbo - Staal - Fast once Svech is healthy. Noesen and Drury seem to be cemented on the fourth line and I think Martinook will join them there eventually. I suppose Lemieux will occasionally rotate in.

Defensively it looks like it’ll be Slavin - Burns, Skjei - Pesce, Orlov - DeAngelo/Chatfield. I wouldn’t totally be shocked to see us go 11 and 7 until Svech comes back.

Suzuki, Unger-Sorum, and Ponomarev are also pushing for roster spots.

Technically both Suzuki and Pono are injured though. I can’t remember if we have reassigned Rees yet or not. 

As much as I’d love to see FUS get some games, starting on a west coast trip probably isn’t ideal and I feel like Rod will opt for 11-7 stability or adding Lemieux in when needed. Also chatty only played 7.5 minutes last night whereas everyone else on the blue line was in the 17-18 range. 

Correction, Chatty played 11:27. TDA played 16:07. Everyone else was 17-18:40.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Technically both Suzuki and Pono are injured though. I can’t remember if we have reassigned Rees yet or not. 

As much as I’d love to see FUS get some games, starting on a west coast trip probably isn’t ideal and I feel like Rod will opt for 11-7 stability or adding Lemieux in when needed. Also chatty only played 7.5 minutes last night whereas everyone else on the blue line was in the 17-18 range. 

Correction, Chatty played 11:27. TDA played 16:07. Everyone else was 17-18:40.

Rees got assigned to Norfolk. I believe the only kids left are Suzuki, FUS, and Pono.

• Pie 2