• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

@Anybodyhome you said you were traveling during that last game. Did you manage to catch it on the radio, if so what was tripps take on that Goaltender Interference/Offsides BS?

He was pretty adamant the goal should have been allowed and let the opposing coach ask for a review either for interference or offsides. Thing is, the ref announced "incidental contact" and the goalie was outside the paint. Should have been allowed goal and upheld on review.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CarolinaWillRise said:

Talk about a BALSEY CALL...

The Wild pull their goalie in OT and win! what's crazier is that if you pull the goalie and lose in OT YOU LOSE THE EXTRA POINT.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/wild/bold-y-move-wild-pull-goalie-in-overtime-and-stun-nashville#:~:text=NHL rules stipulate that a,for simply getting to overtime.

That was crazy 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

He was pretty adamant the goal should have been allowed and let the opposing coach ask for a review either for interference or offsides. Thing is, the ref announced "incidental contact" and the goalie was outside the paint. Should have been allowed goal and upheld on review.

Thats what I figured, I mean this one was bad on the Toronto, it was blatant criteria for a reversal, even if it was offsides let the other side challenge for offsides. Saw one earlier where Nashville literally put his foot under fleury’s leg earlier so he couldn’t slide back across the blue paint, from within the blue paint. Was really hoping it would be challenged. Thanks. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, philit99 said:

We just resigned Lemieux to another year. The brawler fought his way to another contract extension!! LOL

Covering our bases. He fits his role and he’s less than a million. I hate to say it but we’re gonna have some turnover this offseason. With the bruiser role locked in and probably FUS coming up we can focus the core defense. 

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Covering our bases. He fits his role and he’s less than a million. I hate to say it but we’re gonna have some turnover this offseason. With the bruiser role locked in and probably FUS coming up we can focus the core defense. 

I just hope we can hold on to Chatfield, and possibly resign Jake, and keep Jarvis. I’m pretty sure Teuvo walks.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

Just now, philit99 said:

I just hope we can hold on to Chatfield, and possibly resign Jake. I’m pretty sure Tevo walks.

TT I’m not sure about. I think Aho and Rod will fight hard for him to stay, maybe at a reduced price from what he wants but him and Aho are a serious pairing.

Chatty is a must. He’s most likely a 2D next year, and possibly a 1D the following year. Keeping skjei and Pesce would be a feat but I doubt it happens. I go Skjei over Pesce. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Forwards: UFA: TT, Martinook, Noesen. Guentzel

Forwards: RFA: Necas, Drury, Jarvis

Priorities: Noesen, Necas, Jarvis (Guentzel- maybe?)

Defense: UFA: Skjei, Pesce, TDA, Chatty

Priorities: Skjei, Chatty

I agree with most of you priorities.  I think Turbo should follow Jarvis as a priority as well if he fits within our whole "salary structure." 

I think Martinook may be back on a team friendly deal and Noesen shouldn't break the bank either.

Skjei will be looking for a nice bump with term and Chatty will be getting a raise too.

I do hope if Guentzel plays well and looks good with us that we at least attempt to sign him, there are articles/tweets out there saying we are looking at him as a pure rental which is something the committee has never really done.  It should be interesting.

• Beer 1