• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Gonna be interesting to see lines today if Morrow skates too, since TT and Lemieux skated as a 4th defensive pair in Mondays practice. Who’s odd man out for the forwards as well. 

Edited by Harbingers

44 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Gonna be interesting to see lines today if Morrow skates too, since TT and Lemieux skated as a 4th defensive pair in Mondays practice. Who’s odd man out for the forwards as well. 

KK is the odd man out. They we need dudes that can play at a high level. Not guys that can’t score. That’s what killed us the past 4 years in the playoffs. 

45 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

KK is the odd man out. They we need dudes that can play at a high level. Not guys that can’t score. That’s what killed us the past 4 years in the playoffs. 

I think you may be right but I really think people discount KK's ability to play on the boards. Rod lives for that. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, panthers81 said:

I think you may be right but I really think people discount KK's ability to play on the boards. Rod lives for that. 

The way I see it…

I want Necas on the 4th line in the playoffs with Drury. I just think that creates an insane mismatch. For most teams 4th line. Drury and Necas play well together. For that to happen KK has to sit. Sorry dude. That said… we’ll see the lines today but I don’t see how Rod could sit TT unless he’s nursing something. Dude is PP + PK and one of our best defensive forwards. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Apparently Aho did a NHLXM call just before 10 AM if you have the app. I’m going to rewind and listen later. 

Heard it.  Nothing special but it was fun to hear Aho talk about the team.

• Pie 1

God forbid one of our d-men gets hurt during the playoffs…

It’ll be interesting to see who Rod puts in should Morrow come in and prove that he belongs early.

The last time we went 11-7 (OT win against Philly), TDA only played four minutes and was visibly upset.

Wonder if Rod would go with the future even if he might be slightly in over his head over a guy that won’t be with us next year.