• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks is a better coach than Frank Reich. And it's not even close.

Dorian Gray

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Doesn’t matter if Wilks was right or not. He had the locker room, if we gave him his own staff(something he didn’t have in Arizona) and worked for building capital we’d be in a bunch better position than we are now. 

better position for 2023? Maybe. For the future? No. 

Weve seen how his type of coaching wouldve gone. We have 2 decades of it. Those types of coaches have been figured out. Look what has happened to Rivera since Cam could no longer carry him.

Again, the right answer wouldve been to pick the right head coach and not Reich.

1 minute ago, Bluetooth said:

show proof she was in on the Reich deal...otherwise fake news. 

Tryn tie Young and Reich on her smh...Young might be rookie of the year if he went to the Texans

There was definitely more than rumors. There was public comments she liked frank the best during the process. 

Just now, KillerKat said:

better position for 2023? Maybe. For the future? No. 

Weve seen how his type of coaching wouldve gone. We have 2 decades of it. Those types of coaches have been figured out. Look what has happened to Rivera since Cam could no longer carry him.

Again, the right answer wouldve been to pick the right head coach and not Reich.

Actually he would have been better for the future because there would have been less mortgaging if he was the coach. 

5 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

And Andy Reid didn't win a Super Bowl until Mahomes. And Belichick has looked like ass without Brady. And Phil Jackson never won without Jordan or Kobe. It's almost like you need to find great players to succeed.

Reid had been to multiple NFC conference championships and a Super Bowl appearance too. Belichick is old after already winning 7 Super Bowls. Jacksons teams were more than just Jordan and Kobe.

The fact you are bringing up legendary coaches to make an argument for Wilks is just laughable.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

And Andy Reid didn't win a Super Bowl until Mahomes. And Belichick has looked like ass without Brady. And Phil Jackson never won without Jordan or Kobe. It's almost like you need to find great players to succeed.

Reid was still a very good coach in Philly. Belichick's problem is that he is a shitty GM. Phil Jackson only coached the Bulls and Lakers, and left those teams before Jordan and Kobe did, so I don't know what your point is there.

Like I said, Rivera will be fired very soon. So I'm sure another team will give him the keys to this secretly elite coach (who has a .500 record). Who knows, maybe he'll get a great QB, and play his golden goose through injury again.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 1

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Reid was still a very good coach in Philly. Belichick's problem is that he is a shitty GM. Phil Jackson only coached the Bulls and Lakers, and left those teams before Jordan and Kobe did, so I don't know what your point is there.

Like I said, Rivera will be fired very soon. So I'm sure another team will give him the keys to this secretly elite coach (who has a .500 record). Who knows, maybe he'll get a great QB, and play his golden goose through injury again.

My point is you need great players to win championships. Period. Trying to downplay what our past coaches have done because "they were carried" while ignoring 95% of coaches are "carried" by great players doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, Dorian Gray said:

I love how you keep missing the point.

"Cam carried Rivera" but Mahomes hasn't carried Reid. Again, got it. Your goalpost moving is impressive.

No goal post moving here. You just dont understand or refusing to understand. What has Rivera done in Washington? Using your logic, why hasnt he put together good players? Again look at the overall resume to see who has been carried. I think doing jack poo since prime Cam is enough evidence, but continue being silly.

7 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

100%