• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

4 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I understand coach-speak and PR BS, but you're suggesting that a member of the PR team told Thomas Brown, "Hey, you're just a figurehead, Frank is the real OC, but we want you to go to the press and lie about your involvement so we can blame you if it goes sideways." to which Thomas Brown replied, "okie doke!"

Exactly.  Such a pointless nonsense thing to argue about.  It's not fighting the big corp or being edgy by challenging what narrative they are throwing our way.  It just a pretty basic comment that makes perfect sense.  Yes the OFFENSIVE coordinator probably helped create an OFFENSE with his OFFESINVE minded head coach.  It's nothing groundbreaking and the average fan really doesn't give a poo.  

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Exactly.  Such a pointless nonsense thing to argue about.  It's not fighting the big corp or being edgy by challenging what narrative they are throwing our way.  It just a pretty basic comment that makes perfect sense.  Yes the OFFENSIVE coordinator probably helped create an OFFENSE with his OFFESINVE minded head coach.  It's nothing groundbreaking and the average fan really doesn't give a poo.  

Apparently some see the need to "fight the man" 😄

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Apparently some see the need to "fight the man" 😄

If the man is Tepper/Fitt/Reich in this scenario…..you probably are right about that need.   They suck. 

Join the movement.  All you got to do is endorse Brown and Evero and poo on everyone else above them and hope change comes soon.  

* and don’t worry.  When you finally admit Fitt is garbage there will be no I told you so brother . You will just be welcomed with open arms.   No grudge here. 

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

If the man is Tepper/Fitt/Reich in this scenario…..you probably are right about that need.   They suck. 

Join the movement.  All you got to do is endorse Brown and Evero and poo on everyone else above them and hope change comes soon.  

* and don’t worry.  When you finally admit Fitt is garbage there will be no I told you so brother . You will just be welcomed with open arms.   No grudge here. 

Sooo...join in a silly hivemind set or think for myself? 🤔

Tough choice, but I think I'll keep my own opinions, especially since I prefer to wait and see how things turn out rather than jumping to conclusions too early.

Guess I'm just funny like that 😕

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sooo...join in a silly hivemind set or think for myself? 🤔

Tough choice, but I think I'll keep my own opinions, especially since I prefer to wait and see how things turn out rather than jumping to conclusions too early.

Guess I'm just funny like that 😕

As I said, open arms when you come to terms on Fitt.   I’ll show you the same grace as the Matt Rhule fanboys that were still clinging to him in his 3rd season.   Take all the time you need. 

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

As I said, open arms when you come to terms on Fitt.   I’ll show you the same grace as the Matt Rhule fanboys that were still clinging to him in his 3rd season.   Take all the time you need. 

If I "come to terms" it'll be based on more than just a single season with a competent pro coach.

Rhule was a sh-t show. I can't get on board with putting blame for that on anybody other than the guy who had full control.

As mentioned numerous times, there are things I like about Fitterer and things I question. What I ultimately feel though is that there isn't enough evidence either way to come to a definitive conclusion.

Once I ultimately do, it won't be at the behest of people who think they can judge an entire year / season / career by the first quarter of a preseason game.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If I "come to terms" it'll be based on more than just a single season with a competent pro coach.

Rhule was a sh-t show. I can't get on board with putting blame for that on anybody other than the guy who had full control.

As mentioned numerous times, there are things I like about Fitterer and things I question. What I ultimately feel though is that there isn't enough evidence either way to come to a definitive conclusion.

Once I ultimately do, it won't be at the behest of people who think they can judge an entire year / season / career by the first quarter of a preseason game.

image.gif.4b58e17a00fea0e2e5229d401397f429.gif

3 hours ago, CRA said:

sorry to inform you that was just a missing word.  To a statement I have repeated.  I don't talk like the team. 

but it is pretty funny.  dudes are flipping their poo because I don't talk and accept coach talk, PR, etc as the end all be all truth.  Because it never is. 

and then same people have repeatedly shared in the last 24 hours prime examples of Frank, Thomas, etc. and how they say things that aren't true, paint untrue narratives, etc.  I mean, that just sports. 

and I don't assign the most nefarious possible interpretation to things.  That just how YOU choose to hear it.  Which is silly. I can't control that. Because often in those very same posts you freak out on....I have also gone in detail and said the things teams and coaches say are what they are suppose to say as coaches, teams, etc.   For example, Thomas Brown selling bologna about his WRs.  It's not true.  He knows the people in the room know it's not true.  But he says what he is supposed to say.  It's just how sports, coaches, business is done.    When Frank Reich is told by an owner, you need to X, Y and Z.  He doesn't come to microphone and say that reality.  Frank says he made the decision. He paints an untrue story for the masses.  And that's okay.  What else is Frank supposed to do.  BUT.....that's why I can say what I say.  I can call things how I perceive them.  I'm a fan.  I don't have to go along w/ company narratives.  Organizations say things that aren't true.   Or aren't entirely true.  They want things perceived how they want them to be perceived. Sorry you can't handle that being said.  I don't really care.  Which is the whole point of all this lol. 

Okay cool so it was a Freudian slip...you very clearly don't like the team (i.e. the Panthers' organization/staff)...do you deny that?  So that doesn't change anything I said.  Again you're being pedantic.

You're totally not riled up, yet I'm "freaking out".  I hate to break it to you but we're both exuding the same energy here...if I'm freaking out then you're freaking out.  You sorta lose your right to play the chill zen carefree card when you've spent 20 pages arguing with 9 different people back and forth.

If they're just basically doing "coachspeak" (which you acknowledge is a thing that all coaches around the league do) then what I don't understand is why you always time and time again make such a big deal and get pissy about it when it happens.  I think most of the rest of us can recognize it and ignore it because it's a rather meaningless leaguewide norm, yet it for some reason drives you crazy to the point that you're jumping into rants about PR bs and how everyone is lying etc. like that one crazy grandpa at Thanksgiving dinner.  I don't think I've ever witnessed a constructive discussion between you and anyone else because you simply never attempt to engage with anything anyone actually says, rather than all this performative drivel about "Sorry you can't handle what I'm saying" and "you're such a ________ fanboy" and "I'm just telling it like it is" and all these other meaningless platitudes.  You just come across as some kind of rhetorical debatelord, but not an effective one.  I've never seen someone post so many paragraphs, while saying so little.

You have the same energy as the people in here who get so mad any time the bot does bot things and posts a fluff piece from the Panthers website.  While the rest of us can recognize that the Panthers PR/website is just doing its job churning out content about the team, and subsequently ignore it without getting triggered every time.  So to the rest of us who hear some throwaway line during the offseason like "The Panthers are a QB away from competing" or "we have the best WRs in the NFL" or w/e and pay it zero mind, here you are months and months later still bringing it up like it wronged you to your very core.  You think the rest of us eat up whatever the team's PR spoonfeeds us...but in reality, the difference between us is we are capable of ignoring all the clear PR nonsense while you let it eat away at you for some reason.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Okay cool so it was a Freudian slip...you very clearly don't like the team (i.e. the Panthers' organization/staff)...do you deny that?  

Do I like Tepper? No.  Do I like Fitt? No.  Do I like Frank? No.  That’s never been a mystery to solve.  I’m not alone in any of that. 

do I dislike the Panthers? I’m wasting my hard earned money to be at the game Sunday.   Liking the Panthers is why I dislike the first folks mentioned.  

• Pie 1