• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Both Fitterer and Reich Be Safer Than We Think?

tukafan21

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not saying it was Tepper's pick. I'm only stating the obvious that a multi-billion dollar organization absolutely puts a PR spin on these things.

Those articles were before the draft. What was there to spin at that point? We had top pick and could do exactly what we wanted. At that point the fans and team were excited because our true need was a QB. 

Yeah but Tepper is paying them a ton and they are brand new, Reich anyway, and the rest. All newly hired highly paid. 
Tepper and Nicole…. flying around with them on the search committee. 
They know who he wants to take.

I can see nerdy Dave bugging the poo out of Frank about Young being so smart and how great he is just as good as those big guys, and Smarter by a Lot!

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Read the article I just posted. It wasn’t just PR spend.

I've read the article. Read it when it came out originally.  I'm telling you it's pr speak. 

Look at the route combinations in the Seattle game vs the other ones... they aren't running the offense like it's designed with Young playing and it's so clear that even Steve Smith mentioned it after the Seattle game. 

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

Those articles were before the draft. What was there to spin at that point? We had top pick and could do exactly what we wanted. At that point the fans and team were excited because our true need was a QB. 

The spin was always going to be that everyone was thrilled with this consensus pick even if there was a fist fight at every meeting leading up to the draft.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper doesn't seem like a guy with enough humility for this to be the case. If he forced the Bryce pick I think he's most likely to blame everyone else for why this kid that he himself identified isn't lighting the league up like he should be.

This.

Tepper us an asshole, and if he humiliated himself, somebody else is gonna answer for it.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The spin was always going to be that everyone was thrilled with this consensus pick even if there was a fist fight at every meeting leading up to the draft.

Ok. You’re just being really stubborn. Do you really think they told Reich to call it like a marriage proposal to make sure people didn’t realize that Tepper told Fitterer that he had to pick Young over Stroud which made Reich sabotage the season?

Sometimes the truth is right there out in the open. Panthers didn’t need to spin anything at that point. It was all roses. The spin has been happening since we looked like trash against the Jets.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We know for a fact it wasn't a consensus pick.  There were reports from solid sources that quite a few in the room wanted AR. 

Edited by carpanfan96

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

We know for a fact it wasn't a consensus pick.  There were reports from solid sources that quite a few in the room wanted AR. 

I'm honestly surprised that it definitely seems like Stroud was eliminated from consideration fairly early in in the process. Then again, I could see Tepper and his "muh analytics" focus seeing the S2 test as some type of QB evaluation cheat code. 

I would've gotten fired for being a smartass. "Hey Tepp, plug "5'10" buck eighty" into the analytics and see what it spits out."

6 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I've read the article. Read it when it came out originally.  I'm telling you it's pr speak. 

Look at the route combinations in the Seattle game vs the other ones... they aren't running the offense like it's designed with Young playing and it's so clear that even Steve Smith mentioned it after the Seattle game. 

SMH. It’s amazing to me the hoops that people go through to convince themselves.

Also, even if Frank/Scott made the pick and were happy with it, that doesn’t mean they weren’t wrong or that Frank’s done a poo job. They just came out and said they were simplifying the offense for Young, which means they screwed up for a variety of reasons or that Young isn’t doing the right thing. Dalton is a decade long vet who doesn’t need a skimmed down playbook and that’s why it looked different. Still does not mean Reich didn’t ever want Young.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly surprised that it definitely seems like Stroud was eliminated from consideration fairly early in in the process. Then again, I could see Tepper and his "muh analytics" focus seeing the S2 test as some type of QB evaluation cheat code. 

Yep it was between AR and Young in the room. I'll give you two choices on who made the qb decision and why the team didn't end up meeting AR for dinner. 

Bet you only need one choice though. Lol

Because the offense showed up week one designed for AR and not BY. 😂

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH. It’s amazing to me the hoops that people go through to convince themselves.

Also, even if Frank/Scott made the pick and were happy with it, that doesn’t mean they weren’t wrong or that Frank’s done a poo job. They just came out and said they were simplifying the offense for Young, which means they screwed up for a variety of reasons or that Young isn’t doing the right thing. Dalton is a decade long vet who doesn’t need a skimmed down playbook and that’s why it looked different. Still does not mean Reich didn’t ever want Young.

No not skimmed down, the route combinations are different for the same play calls. Go watch Steve Smiths podcast after the Seattle game.  

I mean shoot I noticed it. 😂

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Really? Please post the links on that. All I recall hearing is that Reich liked AR as his 2nd best. As @LinvilleGorgeposted above, seems like Stroud was out early. I think we liked the CPU in Bryce and the athleticism of AR and the CPU won out.

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Really? Please post the links on that. All I recall hearing is that Reich liked AR as his 2nd best. As @LinvilleGorgeposted above, seems like Stroud was out early. I think we liked the CPU in Bryce and the athleticism of AR and the CPU won out.

Thomas Davis right after the trade off the top of my head but there were others.