• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is going to be a good QB btw...

Zod

4 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Not many QBs are taking 7 deep shots a game. Hard to compare anyone to the best QB alive.

It isn't just Mahomes brother. Look at the the YPG numbers for the season in the NFL.

spacer.png

Now look at us and how many times we throw the ball. Bryce Young despite all those attempts is only a hair above PJ Walker. *echo* PJ Walker. Yes Reich sucks. Yes we could have better weapons. But we have to get our #1 pick pushing the ball downfield or the blowout losses will continue.

1 minute ago, X-Clown said:

You are changing the subject. You made the claim that people don't post PFF threads anymore in general and that there's no bias when they are (when it was brought up that Bryce had a good rating this week, but no thread was created). I point out that not only was last week's thread posted within minutes of the ratings coming out, the subject line even said Bryce was in the bottom 5, you attempted to handwave it away like it didn't exist even though you posted in the thread!

L

We both know why you only want to argue these semantics about PFF into oblivion and not discuss Bryce Young's season numbers. Weren't you one of those folks who dogged on CJ Stroud too?

1 minute ago, frankw said:

We both know why you only want to argue these semantics about PFF into oblivion and not discuss Bryce Young's season numbers. Weren't you one of those folks who dogged on CJ Stroud too?

Nope, was in favor of Stroud. Doesn't mean I feel the need to go out of my way to poo on Young, after all he is the quarterback of the team I root for. Feel free to dig into my post history if you'd like. 

Nice subject change (again). 

Edited by X-Clown

12 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Nope, was in favor of Stroud. Doesn't mean I feel the need to go out of my way to poo on Young, after all he is the quarterback of the team I root for. Feel free to dig into my post history if you'd like. 

Nice subject change (again). 

You made exactly 7 posts between March and the draft. Easy to show up after the fact saying this or that without having taken a stand on any prospect. Looks like you missed quite a bit. I can help you catch up if need be. All you have to do is ask.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

You made exactly 7 posts between March and the draft. Easy to show up after the fact saying this or that without having taken a stand on any prospect. Looks like you missed quite a bit. I can help you catch up if need be. All you have to do is ask.

Since you've got the time on your hands, go back to November 2022 when I was arguing with people who were arguing that we shouldn't take Stroud because he went to Ohio State

8 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Since you've got the time on your hands, go back to November 2022 when I was arguing with people who were arguing that we shouldn't take Stroud because he went to Ohio State

It's good to hear you were favorable of Stroud's game. As such you know how important his arm talent and ability to zip pinpoint passes just about wherever he wanted was to his team at Ohio St. Much was said about his receivers being future hall of famers. But he's doing the same thing in Houston with a supporting cast that was an afterthought. Those same traits are there for anyone to see with the Texans. There were others like you who for some reason fell out of favor with Stroud even though nothing about his game changed. The only things that did were his S2 results whispers about his character from thin air and for some reason heat he took from Brady Quinn (lol) about not attending Manning's QB camp.

I'm hoping Bryce in another season or two can reach that form physically. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's good to hear you were favorable of Stroud's game. As such you know how important his arm talent and ability to zip pinpoint passes just about wherever he wanted was to his team at Ohio St. Much was said about his receivers being future hall of famers. But he's doing the same thing in Houston with a supporting cast that was an afterthought. Those same traits are there for anyone to see with the Texans. There were others like you who for some reason fell out of favor with Stroud even though nothing about his game changed. The only things that did were his S2 results whispers about his character from thin air and for some reason heat he took from Brady Quinn (lol) about not attending Manning's QB camp.

I'm hoping Bryce in another season or two can reach that form physically. We'll see.

Just because I am rooting for Young to succeed now, because he my team's quarterback does not have anything to do with CJ Stroud. I haven't said a single negative word about Stroud, ever and never once posted that I wanted Young over him. Like usual, you are reading words that are not on your screen, are generalizing from voices in your head. It's ok to admit when you are wrong sometimes.  

4 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Just because I am rooting for Young to succeed now, because he my team's quarterback does not have anything to do with CJ Stroud. I haven't said a single negative word about Stroud, ever and never once posted that I wanted Young over him. Like usual, you are reading words that are not on your screen, are generalizing from voices in your head. It's ok to admit when you are wrong sometimes.  

My friend. We're only interacting because you got ants in your pants over PFF of all things. You quoted me.

I'm no different than anyone else. Everyone here is wrong a time or another. See Matt Rhule and the majority of the huddle who thought we made the splash of the offseason hiring him.

If you want to exit the convo thinking you're big and tough and handing out L's like an online olympian that's perfectly fine my guy. By all means celebrate your internet win. Maybe get you a slice of cake from Harris Teeter to mark the occasion.

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Surprised how typical this looks actually. These were the first three I saw on the Next Gen Stats twitter page. Hurts made deep attempts but only two more 20+ yard completions than Young:

The official definition of a deep pass in the nfl is a pass that is 15 yards or more.

only dummy fans think that the best offenses are heaving 40 yard air passes down the field four or five times a game

that just isn’t the reality of the sport anymore

Edited by Growl

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

The official definition of a deep pass in the nfl is a pass that is 15 yards or more.

only dummy fans think that the best offenses are heaving 40 yard air passes down the field four or five times a game

that just isn’t the reality of the sport anymore

Intentionally? No, maybe not quite that many on average. But the best offenses are able to do so when the opportuntiy presents itself, e.g. someone gets beat, a coverage is busted, etc. That is where even teams like NO sorely lacked in Brees' final years, where Carolina lacked with Teddy, and where we don't know if they lack now because of the overall-offensive offense.