• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

Shotgun

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

• #2-#5
    • Not in the top 10
    • Not in the first round

I think when better plays are called and Bryce has an offensive line that gives him time to throw, he will be good! It looks like a Gotdamn jail break on the O line almost every damn play. He has no time to throw, and especially pressured up the middle. There is a reason New Orleans always had those stout pro-bowl offensive guards, it allowed Brees to step up in the pocket. Bryce can almost never do  that, so far.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It took Brees 4 years to start playing well.   And it took Sean Payton who is absolutely a HOF coach to build an offense that really utilized his skill set.   

again I ask.   You see that happening here?

You play the semantics game and not use actual fact based thinking.. Brees didn’t play as a rookie only played 11 games year 3 and his 3rd season as a starter was putting up 4,000 yard passing season and 27- 7 td to ints… So in reality it only took him 3 years actually playing (without Payton) to be a good QB..

And at some point Sean Payton needs to show the same ability with a QB not Name Brees .. To be considered a hof coach in my book.. 

By your estimation Dick Vermill, John Gurden, Gary Kubiak and Barry Switzer is HOF as well..

1 hour ago, Call Me James said:

It’s wild watching some of you guys go from Bryce has to be the pick because he’s the most pro ready QB in the draft to “Hey guys, let’s be patient and let him develop.”

if that’s the case y’all should have been on board with picking the players with the most upside and no the alleged highest floor.

Show proof because I remember CJ being seen just as pro ready… The only QBs not seen as pro ready were AR, And Levi’s… Both CJ and BY were seen as day 1 starters during the whole draft process…

10 minutes ago, recceice said:

You play the semantics game and not use actual fact based thinking.. Brees didn’t play as a rookie only played 11 games year 3 and his 3rd season as a starter was putting up 4,000 yard passing season and 27- 7 td to ints… So in reality it only took him 3 years actually playing (without Payton) to be a good QB..

And at some point Sean Payton needs to show the same ability with a QB not Name Brees .. To be considered a hof coach in my book.. 

By your estimation Dick Vermill, John Gurden, Gary Kubiak and Barry Switzer is HOF as well..

LOL semantics.  Its a fact that it took brees 4 years to start playing well.

And Payton is absolutely going into the HOF.  Doesnt matter what you think.

Again, do you see Young getting four years to start playing well here?

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

LOL semantics.  Its a fact that it took brees 4 years to start playing well.

And Payton is absolutely going into the HOF.  Doesnt matter what you think.

Again, do you see Young getting four years to start playing well here?

2 years where he didn’t play a full season.. 

At what point has adding context to your opinion become a red herring???

And your original statement was it took 4 years (2 he didn’t play full season) and Sean Payton.. Soooooooo if he was still in San Diego when his play started being good .. That would have happened before Sean Payton was his coach right??

And thanks for making my point if Payton is a HOF then a lot of other coaches have similar resumes…

Last 

He will get more then 6 games and most 1st round picks atleast get 3 years… I don’t remember when 6 games was the benchmark in judgement of a career…

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So drew brees rookie year didnt count.  Got it

He didn’t play… 

I’m sorry don’t you have to actually play to put up stats and show your QB play???

You are being disingenuous on purpose.. You want to go black and white argument based on the years and not the actual playing time.. Then neglect talking about How your Sean Payton comments part of this didn’t happened.. 

So let me help you.. If you want to make this argument use the right wording..

Drew Brees was in the league 4 years before he started playing good football.. And leave out the Sean Payton part since you don’t want to remember the wrong part of your statement..

1 hour ago, recceice said:

Won't quibble about HOF Payton the coach, will quibble about a 30lb and 2 inch height advantage and Was the previous outlier, himself. Young is in a brand new even lesser "class".

Maybe this will expose this lazy comparison and help people understand what this really is. Calling Young, Brees, again... if you folks continue to insist, here we go.

Brees 6'0 209lbs

Young 5'10" 184. We know that combine weight is bullshit. He isn't even that.

There is a 25lb difference. 

25lbs of 184lbs... pretty easy to figure. It is basically 12%. A 12% 'gift' from his admirers. My heart is warmed by the generosity.

That is what it takes to level your man Bryce up with Brees in a physical comparison.

Now here is the thing: if you give Brees the same 12% while no one is looking?  Well, 12% of 209 is 25.08. So, that is 234lbs!

That is how much of a cheat the claim that he is Brees, is. 

Edited by stratocatter

2 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Won't quibble about HOF Payton the coach, will quibble about a 30lb and 2 inch height advantage and Was the previous outlier, himself. Young is in a brand new even lesser "class".

Maybe this will expose this lazy comparison and help people understand what this really is. Calling Young, Brees, again... if you folks continue to insist, here we go.

Brees 6'0 209lbs

Young 5'10" 184. We know that combine weight is bullshit. He isn't even that.

There is a 25lb difference. 

25lbs of 184lbs... pretty easy to figure. It is basically 12%. A 12% 'gift' from his admirers. My heart is warmed by the generosity.

That is what it takes to level your man Bryce up with Brees in a physical comparison.

Now here is the thing: if you give Brees the same 12% while no one is looking?  Well, 12% of 209 is 25.08. So, that is 234lbs!

That is how much of a cheat the claim that he is Brees, is. 

A lot of opinion with no facts.. We don’t know what Bryce weights right now and yes I refuse to quibble over 2 inches being that big of a difference…

And you can miss me with all that “my man “ poo.. I’m a panther fan and he is a panther player now.. I will support him as long as he represents that jersey.. If you’re a panthers fan he is your QB now so deal with it..

Edited by recceice

No matter how good the processor is you can still overload it and fry it or put it in a computer that it doesn't work with or that bottleneck because other parts can't keep up.

If 5-6 games is enough for you to change your mind on guys your scouting department have been following and scouting for years then I question your decision to draft no matter if it's the original draft or a redraft.