• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Safe Space - ZERO negativity allowed in this thread

LinvilleGorge

5 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

In that case, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for providing a thread for those to talk about the positives. I'll try to get some positives in the thread

• Chuba's made me eat a bit of crow between last season and this season. Glad to see him starting to put it together
  • Despite the miss, Piniero has been very reliable for the most part
  • I do see flashes from Bryce and I'm not going to throw in the towel 6 games into a rookie campaign. Rookie QB expectations are too high now due to outliers. Most of the issues are around the QB, imo.

Chuba is easily our best RB and Piniero is a solid kicker. Yes.

Bryce looked the best he has so far yesterday but I just don't know what his ceiling is if he can't threaten defenses vertically 

It's not Bryce's fault that our GM traded away all our weapons for him. He's out there running for his life with our poor guard play and our defensive injuries on the back half have hurt us. Our run defense has been worse than Bryce. I'm wishing the kid the best and I think he can succeed in the league. We just have to protect him and let him develop. He's not Cam coming to save the day but i'm still hoping for Brees and expecting him to be Tua level.

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we gave up cmac, 2 2nds, dj moore and a potential #1 pick for a "nfl caliber starting qb"?  you dont see the irony  (is that the right word here) of that statement

He wasn't worth the trade up.  I never said he was.  I think people see this value and are wanting an instant star.  That was our GM being a dumb ass.  That doesn't mean he can't become a solid QB for us.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For the umpteenth time. 

The. Offer. Was. Sincere.

If y'all wanted a positive vibes only thread I'd give you one and enforce it. I don't think there's any actual desire for it. I think some folks just want to take their frustrations out on fellow fans instead of directing them at the team/organization causing the frustrations 

If it was sincere then there is about to be a lot of banning from you right?  

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He wasn't worth the trade up.  I never said he was.  I think people see this value and are wanting an instant star.  That was our GM being a dumb ass.  That doesn't mean he can't become a solid QB for us.  

therein lies the rub, trade or not we need better then solid

"solid" in the nfl is 13-17ish best

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

@LinvilleGorge is giving what you delusional homers say you want and you still complain. Just admit you want to tone police people because you have buyers remorse from buying dumb poo like PSLs and Panthers gear in tyool 2023.

you definitely see the buyers remorse setting in when you have posters saying Bryce can be solid and his arm is good enough

We need better then that to win in the nfl

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

therein lies the rub, trade or not we need better then solid

"solid" in the nfl is 13-17ish best

If he has an average arm and can make all the throws who knows where he will land.  He is showing flashes with absolute poo around him.  He was the top rated QB in this draft by most analysts so they are seeing some traits that will translate very well.  Let's build a team around him and who is to say he won't become a top 10 QB.  What makes Burrow elite?  What made Manning elite?  Brady? Brees?  None of these guys hand cannons or were some crazy physical specimen of QBs.  Give him some play makers and he will get them the ball accurately and on time.  He was very clutch in college and hopefully that will carry over to this level as well in time.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you definitely see the buyers remorse setting in when you have posters saying Bryce can be solid and his arm is good enough

We need better then that to win in the nfl

I want to know who in the world thought Bryce had an elite arm?  Where did that come into play for that to even be in your mind??  Every scouting report called his arm average.  They want him to become a smaller version of Burrow or Brees.  Those are some comps I have seen.  I guess they can't win in the NFL right?

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If he has an average arm and can make all the throws who knows where he will land.  He is showing flashes with absolute poo around him.  He was the top rated QB in this draft by most analysts so they are seeing some traits that will translate very well.  Let's build a team around him and who is to say he won't become a top 10 QB.  What makes Burrow elite?  What made Manning elite?  Brady? Brees?  None of these guys hand cannons or were some crazy physical specimen of QBs.  Give him some play makers and he will get them the ball accurately and on time.  He was very clutch in college and hopefully that will carry over to this level as well in time.  

All of them were also over 5'10

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was. But then the positive crowd came with negativity. I didn't want to deal with the howling from banning them for it.

I'm calling bullshit.  Sorry man.  It looks and smells like a bait thread and it got you the stream of clicks/reactions you wanted.  Including these from me.  Good job.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1