• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adrian Peterson is NOT better than Deangelo or J-Stew

SOJA

The only RB that is truly on a different level above DWill/Gore/MJD/etc is Chris Johnson.

The way I see it, it's like:

1) Chris Johnson

2a) DWill

2b)AD

2c)MJD

2d etc etc etc etc

I would personally rather have DWill and J-Stewart as a tandem than any other back in the league.

at this point, Chris Johnson just has one awesome season......I think people are too quick to crown him as "being on another level". No RB has ever come close to matching his success after that type of year.

You nick a RB like Stewart and he can remain a beast during a season. You nick a RB like Johnson and take away some of his speed and agility and imo there can be a huge drop off.

at this point, Chris Johnson just has one awesome season......I think people are too quick to crown him as "being on another level". No RB has ever come close to matching his success after that type of year.

You nick a RB like Stewart and he can remain a beast during a season. You nick a RB like Johnson and take away some of his speed and agility and imo there can be a huge drop off.

This made absolutely no sense.

I've said it all year, both are better than him, and Williams in particular is MILES better. It isn't even a contest between Williams and Peterson, Williams is head and shoulders better.

But Williams didn't go to a Big 12 school, so he doesn't have a built-in hype machine.

"Don't you think they fact that stewart and williams run so hard might have to do with the fact that they split carries? You talk about splitting carries like it's a disadvantage. Yeah it lowers their numbers but they are also much fresher. Peterson gets around 75% of the carries and deserves credit for that. "

Credit for what? the fact that he gets more carries and doesn't produce on the same level as them?

Peterson doesn't have the leauge's best backup. Williams and stewart swap out every series, so they have an advantage there. They're fresher and less likely to get injured. The more touches you get the harder it is to keep up a high YPC and the energy to make the same plays you do when you're fresh.

You have no idea how they would fair the whole season as a feature back. The evidence says they would be pretty good, but you can't say a player's better based on hypothetical situations.

Producing more and having better physical traits doesn't just magically make you better than the other guy. However, it's entirely rational, and fair for the guy that does to be heralded and celebrated as the best. It's just plain wrong to give credit based on ifs and buts.

No matter how likely it is, you can't give credit based on the unkown. It's not fair to the players who have actually done it. That's just how it works.

It's not like the scouts listen to ESPN, buy one of those scouting magazines

in the offseason and I'm sure Willams/Stewart will be the cream of the crop.

But you don't deserve to go to the probowl, be an All Pro, or a HoFer just because of how good you COULD be or what you WOULD do under certain circumstances.

Archived