• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Avalanche 9pm

Panthers Fan 69

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It happened to the mighty Red Wings so it’ll definitely happen to us eventually. I’m just hoping this is a hiccup and not a true regression. I need a cup before we start regressing.

i had this feeling the last couple of season that we may of lost our chance at a Stanley Cup. I truly believe if we had of been 100 percent healthy last season that would have been our year we would have at least made it to the Stanley Cup, don't know if we could of beat LV.

But yeah, I hope this isn't a true regression, but the current signs are not promising. I hope the owner doesn't get discouraged when bandwagoners, which most of the people who sell out the games are, stop showing up if we suck this year.

49 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

i had this feeling the last couple of season that we may of lost our chance at a Stanley Cup. I truly believe if we had of been 100 percent healthy last season that would have been our year we would have at least made it to the Stanley Cup, don't know if we could of beat LV.

But yeah, I hope this isn't a true regression, but the current signs are not promising. I hope the owner doesn't get discouraged when bandwagoners, which most of the people who sell out the games are, stop showing up if we suck this year.

Maybe it’s good news but we tend to play like this after the all star break. Hopefully the roles are reversed this year and we get better as the year goes. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It happened to the mighty Red Wings so it’ll definitely happen to us eventually. I’m just hoping this is a hiccup and not a true regression. I need a cup before we start regressing.

It’s 6 games on a west coast swing without Andersen, Aho, Svech and Pesce(1). Our talent is still there and our offense is cooking. Our usual forecheck and defense is not. Coaching not either. TDA needs to sit and our defense lines need a complete remix.

TDA contributed directly to 2 goals last night against, he gave up on both those plays. If you aren’t playing 200 feet you shouldn’t be starting on this team. He also brought nothing to the PP

Orlov actually managed to make it out as a +0 last night. TDA was the only defenseman in the negative.

I expect us to look better when we have last change and home and can cover the gaps. Aka not leaving TDA and Orlov on the ice for 1.5 minutes during a heavy opposing forecheck. 

Im not sweating anything yet, but if we can’t get the goals against under control. Thats a clear indicator something is officially broken. 

Goalies are a concern too. Pyotr gave up way too many softies. Raanta has been doing the same. Luckily on the limited sample size of Andersen he seemed dialed in before the head bonk.

If Rod refuses to take TDA out Slavin and Burns needs to be split to cover them. That’s less than ideal however. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Massive reach 6 games in there... heck we've lost 6 strait in each of the past 2 seasons.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

It’s 6 games on a west coast swing without Andersen, Aho, Svech and Pesce(1). Our talent is still there and our offense is cooking. Our usual forecheck and defense is not. Coaching not either. TDA needs to sit and our defense lines need a complete remix.

TDA contributed directly to 2 goals last night against, he gave up on both those plays. If you aren’t playing 200 feet you shouldn’t be starting on this team. He also brought nothing to the PP

Orlov actually managed to make it out as a +0 last night. TDA was the only defenseman in the negative.

I expect us to look better when we have last change and home and can cover the gaps. Aka not leaving TDA and Orlov on the ice for 1.5 minutes during a heavy opposing forecheck. 

Im not sweating anything yet, but if we can’t get the goals against under control. Thats a clear indicator something is officially broken. 

Goalies are a concern too. Pyotr gave up way too many softies. Raanta has been doing the same. Luckily on the limited sample size of Andersen he seemed dialed in before the head bonk.

If Rod refuses to take TDA out Slavin and Burns needs to be split to cover them. That’s less than ideal however. 

Im not sweating yet either. However Rod is going to have to evolve at some point in his coaching career. Cant keep relying on churning the roster year after year, more specifically the defense, and expect to get away with it all the time.  Also not being more proactive trying to get better goal tending. Both Anderson and Raanta can break at any moment given their ages and pk isnt ready yet.

Another concern is not adding more to our goal scoring department that suddenly disappears come playoff time and is the reason for all of our exits in the playoffs. It just makes no sense why that keeps happening. All the regular season scoring is good, but it has to show up when it matters most. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Im not sweating yet either. However Rod is going to have to evolve at some point in his coaching career. Cant keep relying on churning the roster year after year, more specifically the defense, and expect to get away with it all the time.  Also not being more proactive trying to get better goal tending. Both Anderson and Raanta can break at any moment given their ages and pk isnt ready yet.

Another concern is not adding more to our goal scoring department that suddenly disappears come playoff time and is the reason for all of our exits in the playoffs. It just makes no sense why that keeps happening. All the regular season scoring is good, but it has to show up when it matters most. 

Personally I think the defense is being thrown off badly by lack of chemistry from the 11-7 crap...  Aho has missed 3 games Svechnikov hasn't played yet our two best players both key two way guys (We are missing Aho badly on the PK) Jarvis is progressing nicely as a go to goal scorer, Necas is playing pretty well (which will improve when Svechnikov is back.)

Honestly even if we don't have as good of a regular season as recent years I see this as our best shot at a Cup if we get the D settled Turbo is resurgent scoring, Jarvis appears to be breaking out, Slavins offensive skills seem to have caught up to his D. 

HEALTHY i don't think scoring will be an issue this season (playoffs) its all about settling the D down and I honestly refuse to believe this will be a season long problem.... the first 10 games of the year are odd for most NHL teams due to the way they use the preseason.

• Beer 2