• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4-0

WarHeel

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's gonna be absolute pandemonium on here if Bryce has another mediocre game and Stroud goes yard against a defense largely consisting of the backups on an already terrible roster.

And that all seems extremely likely.

I would love to see us in a shoot out at least.  Give us some hope but if we lose something like 35-10.....oh boy

• Beer 1

This game is going to define the Frank Reich era. He gave playcalling away to Thomas Brown. He’s facing CJ Stroud who the team passed on as the top pick in the draft. Seeing the QB the team passed on come to Charlotte and light it up to drop the team to 0-7 with no 1st round pick next year is as low as the Panthers have been, maybe ever. It would probably be the end of Frank Reich. 

On the flip side, a win could turn things around. Frank Reich teams have historically started slow and played better late in the season. The 2018 Colts started 1-5 and bounced back to win 9 of their last 10 games to make the playoffs. But let’s be real, that team had Andrew Luck at QB and a lot more talent than this Panthers roster. But just the same, the schedule has softened up a bit and this could be an opportunity to get off the mat and start winning some games. 

A lot is riding on this game.

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Herbert isn’t a winner

It sure feels that way, but I still think the Chargers would win with a better coach. Staley just doesn’t seem to make good calls and know how to handle situations. Always feels like he makes the wrong calls and sometimes they get lucky but I put 90% on him.

24 minutes ago, hepcat said:

This game is going to define the Frank Reich era. He gave playcalling away to Thomas Brown. He’s facing CJ Stroud who the team passed on as the top pick in the draft. Seeing the QB the team passed on come to Charlotte and light it up to drop the team to 0-7 with no 1st round pick next year is as low as the Panthers have been, maybe ever. It would probably be the end of Frank Reich. 

On the flip side, a win could turn things around. Frank Reich teams have historically started slow and played better late in the season. The 2018 Colts started 1-5 and bounced back to win 9 of their last 10 games to make the playoffs. But let’s be real, that team had Andrew Luck at QB and a lot more talent than this Panthers roster. But just the same, the schedule has softened up a bit and this could be an opportunity to get off the mat and start winning some games. 

A lot is riding on this game.

That’s season was more about Luck. He had 1 game above 94 rating in the first 6 games with 8 interceptions. In the last 10 games he had 8 games above 94 rating and 7 interceptions.

Don't forget that Luck missed the entire 2017 season so he was rusty and got better. Their only loss in the last 10 games was Luck’s worst game in the last 10. If Young takes off, we do have an easy schedule.

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

He did it with Cam too so at least he’s loyal to the franchise 

No doubt I don't question his or anyone else's loyalty here in that aspect. We've done fug all for the last 5 years since that Pittsburgh game. Anyone here still repping and talking Panthers is a die hard.

But Cam was also the only MVP in franchise history and displayed clear traits both physically and as a leader that even if he frustrated you at times still made you say that kid is special.

We'll see what shakes out with Bryce Young under Thomas Brown.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Stroud is off to a great start and we're missing damn near our entire defense.

Doesn't seem like a great recipe for a Panthers W.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521wfxmnoaid587y1um

Yada yada says Seinfeld cause CJ should have lost to the Steelers cause Tomlin NEVER loses to a rookie QB. The sooner you realized that the better off you be.

9 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Yada yada says Seinfeld cause CJ should have lost to the Steelers cause Tomlin NEVER loses to a rookie QB. The sooner you realized that the better off you be.

Yeah, Stroud has been playing as well as any rookie QB ever so of coarse some streaks and records are getting smashed. 

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Im still laughing my ass off that you lost money on this

Why are you laughing at my pain from that sure thing? Steelers rushing D is no joke and it had CJ name on it. It still my only lose in the season and have since made up for that big lose thankfully. I give you a freebie bet this TNF. Take Bills -8.5 to cover cause I will as you thank me for it. Im sure most will take Baker and the points but don't be fooled my friend. 

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

Yeah, Stroud has been playing as well as any rookie QB ever so of coarse some streaks and records are getting smashed. 

Some guys are more lucky than good. Every contender would take Bryce over CJ right now. Kyle would trade Purdy, which everyone was calling elite for for Bryce immediately if offered and you know it. Last thing we need is a system QB to led our franchise.