• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL needs better research staff (YouTube / Sunday Ticket-related)

PanthersATL

4 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

its kind of amazing how most of the streaming services keep taking on massive amounts of debt...they just raise the prices every year and layoff a quarter of their staff like clockwork

It's not just streaming. That's the "business model" of a terrifying amount of big tech companies. It's probably the new .com bubble. These companies have huge market caps, huge debt, huge exposure and user bases, but they absolutely suck at turning those users into revenue but investors keep dumping in funds expecting them to figure out how to monetize it at some point. I seriously doubt many will.

• Beer 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:51 AM, PanthersATL said:

Apple+ has doubled their price in the last year.

The "go with streaming" vs "cut the cable package" price differential is narrowing, with the differentiator being stream-only content + convenience 

Those models have a finite lifespan.

If you know enough younger people(under 30), you will see that most don't have a "main" streaming service as a replacement for traditional cable TV.

You will also see that engagement with college football and the NFL is quite low. Those sports will experience a retraction or almost complete collapse in the next 15-20 years as their core audience basically dies out with no real replacement.

They built their models on the idea that TV revenue and subscriptions will go up forever and that is absolutely not even remotely true. Younger audiences aren't going to pay for a $300 NFL package nor are they going to pay $25/month for Bally Sports. Nor are they going to pay $50+/month for a traditional cable package or it's streaming equivalent.

I travel all over the country and I see a fraction of engagement with those traditional forms of media in the sub-30 crowd. Football is in very, very big trouble.

• Beer 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:39 PM, Ornias said:

I cut the cable 15 years ago and now do streaming. Streaming is so chopped it now that it is definitely more expensive than a cable package, however streaming is commercial free. 

I refuse to have more than 2 at a time(not including Prime) and when I get tired or run out of shows I like, I switch them up.  I rotate them throughout the year to keep the price down

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1