• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

2 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Ingram might be playing like your best player at the moment.

Watch the ACC get 2 teams in the Final Four again after getting crapped on all year.

Ryan was our best player tonight. We're fortunate that we have four guys who can be our best player on any given night and Cadeau isn't far off from making it five.

When this team commits to D'ing up they can beat anyone. During our rough stretch the biggest difference was defensive lapses. D the fug up and we have a chance 

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Everything that needed to happen for Carolina happened last night.

They win the ACC Tourney and they’ll be a one seed playing in Charlotte on the opening weekend of the NCAA Tourney.

Winning the ACC tournament will be a challenge. UNC only seems to get up for the big matchups. I hope they are focused.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:04 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

The crazy part is that our two best players were basically no shows.

RJ wasn't a no show, they literally had the game plan to take him out of the equation. There were several plays that he had three or more players jumping at him. Instead of forcing it like we hated Caleb for doing the last two years, he trusted his teammates. He still scored some timely buckets. Mando still had 9 and 8 which again I am glad UNC didn't stall the offense forcing him the ball. Unlike last year, they kept it moving around the perimeter to get good shots. It was a great team win and as a fan I have ultimate confidence that it is a team instead of a bunch of individuals like it has been. 

12 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

RJ wasn't a no show, they literally had the game plan to take him out of the equation. There were several plays that he had three or more players jumping at him. Instead of forcing it like we hated Caleb for doing the last two years, he trusted his teammates. He still scored some timely buckets. Mando still had 9 and 8 which again I am glad UNC didn't stall the offense forcing him the ball. Unlike last year, they kept it moving around the perimeter to get good shots. It was a great team win and as a fan I have ultimate confidence that it is a team instead of a bunch of individuals like it has been. 

I meant no shows in terms of production vs. their average. Yeah, duke keyed hard on those guys and other guys (Ryan in particular) made them pay for it.

• Pie 1

img_1_1710461559806.thumb.jpg.6c0d36765fd2c2ed8b28bee1cc124737.jpg

It's true. College basketball popularity has fallen off so hard from when I was growing up in the '80s and '90s. College basketball RAN poo in NC back then. We would literally watch the ACC tournament IN CLASS. Carolina vs. duke days might as well have been a national holiday. 

• Flames 1

Anyone wondering if the ESPN program head is a Duke grad…

At 9:45 only 30 mins from Duke losing in the first round there is NOTHING on the ESPN front page mentioned

Nothing

Edited by Shocker

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

Anyone wondering if the ESPN program head is a Duke grad…

At 9:45 only 30 mins from Duke losing in the first round there is NOTHING on the ESPN front page mentioned

Nothing

The ESPN alert I got today about duke was about how Cooper Flagg is such a great shot blocker. lol