• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The ACC is dead. They just haven't realized it yet. And they all hate Carolina anyway so fug em.

In football terms!!? Sure!! Basketball? ACC! Money?? SEC!! Starting not to care about sports anymore!! It used to be about pride for your team or conference!! Just a money grab now 

3 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

In football terms!!? Sure!! Basketball? ACC! Money?? SEC!! Starting not to care about sports anymore!! It used to be about pride for your team or conference!! Just a money grab now 

It's not football OR basketball. Football runs the college sports world now. The ACC went all in on football with their expansion adding VT and Miami they just bet on bad horses. Those programs had peaked and were on the slide. This latest expansion reeks of sheer desperation. Cal, Stanford, and SMU? LOLOLOLOL 

Those programs haven't been relevant for decades and we're the only P5 conference that would even consider them.

It's over. FSU is suing to get out. Clemson is suing to get out. UNC wants out they're just too polite to cause a ruckus. It's a wrap. It's over.

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, that concludes college basketball for me this year. Damn. I really didn't expect us to lose because RJ Davis turned into the bad version of Caleb Love. Kinda ironic that both Carolina and Arizona go home on a night when RJ Davis and Caleb Love couldn't hit water from a boat. I've seen that movie a couple dozen times.

RJ and Love combined to go 0-18 from three tonight in L.A. It was like he never left.

4 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Oh well they can go party together!! 

I blame Hubert tonight. It was very obvious RJ was off. Meanwhile, everything else was going right offensively in the 1st half. His entire 2nd half game plan was to get RJ on track. Meanwhile, we let RJ gun us right out of the game. The man just LOVES hero ball. He has to get over that instinct.

I don't know who the fug Dan Wolken is but he ain't wrong. 

Hubert has to get over his hero ball obsession. If that means RJ can't come back for a 5th year so be it. But the man is so obviously reliant on a "go-to guy" and he absolutely cannot adapt on the fly when the designated go-to guy is having an off night.

His TEAM was red hot in the first half but his entire 2nd half game plan delivered around getting his go-to guy going and his go-to guy gunned us right out of the game.

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not football OR basketball. Football runs the college sports world now. The ACC went all in on football with their expansion adding VT and Miami they just bet on bad horses.

LOL, yeah UNC/ACC bet on the “wrong horses” in VT and Miami.  Good take.

25 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

LOL, yeah UNC/ACC bet on the “wrong horses” in VT and Miami.  Good take.

It's true. What have VT and Miami done since they've been in the ACC vs. before they joined the ACC? That was the ACC's big play to become a real player as a football conference. And hell, I ain't even mad about it. Honestly it made all the sense in the world at the time. Those schools made perfect geographical sense for the conference and on paper we're football powerhouses. Unfortunately, they were on the downhill slide. It is what it is. They tried. It didn't work out. Now they're flailing and resorting to trying to add Cal, Stanford, and SMU when those programs are decades removed from being relevant. It's over.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's true. What have VT and Miami done since they've been in the ACC vs. before they joined the ACC? That was the ACC's big play to become a real player as a football conference. And hell, I ain't even mad about it. Honestly it made all the sense in the world at the time. Those schools made perfect geographical sense for the conference and on paper we're football powerhouses. Unfortunately, they were on the downhill slide. It is what it is. They tried. It didn't work out.

Then tell me about BC, Syracuse, Stanford, Louisville, SMU, Cal, Pitt, Wake, GT…we could go on.

VT and Miami are the least of the ACC’s problems.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Then tell me about BC, Syracuse, Stanford, Louisville, SMU, Cal, Pitt, Wake, GT…we could go on.

VT and Miami are the least of the ACC’s problems.  

VT and Miami were the big plays on football and they didn't work out. It is what it is. I've already laughed at Stanford, Cal, and SMU. That was just pure desperation from a dying P5 conference. We're the new PAC-12, we're just in a lot worse shape than the PAC-12 was.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's true. What have VT and Miami done since they've been in the ACC vs. before they joined the ACC? That was the ACC's big play to become a real player as a football conference. And hell, I ain't even mad about it. Honestly it made all the sense in the world at the time. Those schools made perfect geographical sense for the conference and on paper we're football powerhouses. Unfortunately, they were on the downhill slide. It is what it is. They tried. It didn't work out.

VT won the ACC MBB tourney two years ago, and we beat both UNC and Duke in the process.  I know it’s easy to forget for some, but a lot of original ACC schools can’t say that.  #Respect.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

VT and Miami were the big plays on football and they didn't work out. It is what it is. I've already laughed at Stanford, Cal, and SMU. That was just pure desperation from a dying P5 conference. We're the new PAC-12, we're just in a lot worse shape than the PAC-12 was.

VT football didn’t work out, lol, tell me what UNC has done in ACC football since then.  Please.