• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Trading Burns is the Only Path to Getting a #1 WR in 2024

tukafan21

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Maybe…I wonder what he would do without a #1 opposite him.  He isn’t worth Burns though.  That is stupid

His rookie year he has over 900 yards and 6 TDs. That with rookie Burrow for only part of the season and 6 full games of Brandon Allen and Ryan Finley.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The other trade I'd like to make is Burns + Chark to the Lions for Jameson Williams + First + Fourth

Yep this is the one I’d love to see happen

I’d first ask Bryce for his opinion of Jameson and if Bryce wanted him I’d pull trigger in a heartbeat

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Tee is the same type of player as Evans but less successful. Tee had a 4.54 40 and Evans was 4.53. 

I think Higgins and Evans are similar but Higgins has a tad more side to side movement to him while Evans is a little bigger/stronger to hold off DBs on jump balls better.

Yes, similar and Higgins isn't the fast twitch guy I'd really like to get, but if we can't get one of them, I'd rather overpay to get the younger and maybe slightly shiftier Higgins over Evans.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Yep this is the one I’d love to see happen

I’d first ask Bryce for his opinion of Jameson and if Bryce wanted him I’d pull trigger in a heartbeat

Oh of course, that is 100% predicated on Bryce wanting Jameson.

You don't make that trade for a guy with what, 5 NFL catches?, unless Bryce wants him because of their connection in his Heisman season, but I expect he'd want him.

7 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The trade I've wanted to make for a while is Burns + TMJ (get him back with Burrow/Chase) for Higgins and a 1st

And if they don't want to pay Burns, trade Burns for 2 Firsts (yes, I think we can get that) and trade one of them to the Bengals for Higgins after they tag him.

The other trade I'd like to make is Burns + Chark to the Lions for Jameson Williams + First + Fourth

I don’t agree with those scenarios outside of 2 firsts.  I would trade a later first for Higgins because he is known commodity.  Problem with all of this is I really don’t see any team giving that up for the opportunity to pay him 30 mil per.  I think he is one of the better defensive ends in the league at 25 yrs old but that number is huge.

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't know, man. There are receivers coming on that are going to push him down the line. Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Josh Downs, Puka Nacua,  and others. And that's not even all the old heads.

They may get there, but they're not there yet.

And you don't not target someone because there are younger players, who aren't available in any deal, who might be better than him in a couple years, that's just weird.

Also in a few years, some of the guys above Higgins on that list will age out and fall below him, like a Mike Evans lol.

Higgins is only 24, turns 25 in January, make him the focal point of an offense and he very well could take a leap and be a Top 10 guy, he has that kind of talent and potential.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

They may get there, but they're not there yet.

And you don't not target someone because there are younger players, who aren't available in any deal, who might be better than him in a couple years, that's just weird.

Also in a few years, some of the guys above Higgins on that list will age out and fall below him, like a Mike Evans lol.

Higgins is only 24, turns 25 in January, make him the focal point of an offense and he very well could take a leap and be a Top 10 guy, he has that kind of talent and potential.

I would love Higgins…I like him as a player.  If I am moving Burns I want to sell VERY high.  Premium young player at a premium position.

We traded McCaffery because of money and that was a disaster 

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I don’t agree with those scenarios outside of 2 firsts.  I would trade a later first for Higgins because he is known commodity.  Problem with all of this is I really don’t see any team giving that up for the opportunity to pay him 30 mil per.  I think he is one of the better defensive ends in the league at 25 but that number is huge.

Seattle just traded a 2nd and 5th for a rest of the year rental in a 29 year old Leonard Williams at DT

You really don't think a team who thinks they're a pass rusher away from winning a SB will give up two Firsts that they hope to be picks 32 for a 25 year old Burns?!?!

100% someone will... we'll get 2 firsts or 1 first and 1 high level starter for him.

• Pie 1

We need multiple receivers not just 1 really good one. We need some quick twitch/shiftyness to our offense. Bryce doesn't throw many 50/50 balls or deep bombs for that matter. Not saying he can't or won't develop that part of his game eventually but he's really good at getting the ball to WRs to make plays in space. If we some how had been able to retain DJ Moore along with Thielen we'd honestly be set. DJs skill set is perfect for the type of QB Bryce is.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Seattle just traded a 2nd and 5th for a rest of the year rental in a 29 year old Leonard Williams at DT

You really don't think a team who thinks they're a pass rusher away from winning a SB will give up two Firsts that they hope to be picks 32 for a 25 year old Burns?!?!

100% someone will... we'll get 2 firsts or 1 first and 1 high level starter for him.

I mean…it could work out.  I hear you.  But draft picks don’t really get you anywhere if you can’t pick similar guys.  I’d work to sign Burns.  

My personal opinion is that the Christian McCaffrey trade was one of the worst trades in NFL history.  We didn’t even get a first in return.  Trading Moore is one thing and was for a QB…fine but trading CMC for that was damn near criminal 

13 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I agree. I was honestly shocked to see the Giants get a 2nd for a rental in Williams 

I thought the days of teams trading away anything more than a 4th for a rental were over 

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I mean…it could work out.  I hear you.  But draft picks don’t really get you anywhere if you can’t pick similar guys.  I’d work to sign Burns.  

My personal opinion is that the Christian McCaffrey trade was one of the worst trades in NFL history.  We didn’t even get a first in return.  Trading Moore is one thing and was for a QB…fine but trading CMC for that was damn near criminal 

Oh I agree on CMC, I hated it at the time and hate it even more now.  

And not making the smart trade because we're afraid we'll screw up the draft pick is just a poor way to view it.  We just have to hope that we'll make the right draft picks, can't make the wrong calls because we're afraid of making a worse one.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

We need multiple receivers not just 1 really good one. We need some quick twitch/shiftyness to our offense. Bryce doesn't throw many 50/50 balls or deep bombs for that matter. Not saying he can't or won't develop that part of his game eventually but he's really good at getting the ball to WRs to make plays in space. If we some how had been able to retain DJ Moore along with Thielen we'd honestly be set. DJs skill set is perfect for the type of QB Bryce is.

Higgins (or another #1) on the outside, Mingo on the other side, Thielen in the slot, and a Curtis Samuel type in the other slot as our top 4 and I'm good with that.

Take a new TE in the 3rd this year as Hurst isn't it

That's a passing game I can work with