• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Enough time has passed - Feedback on the new playcaller

Varking

15 minutes ago, lightsout said:

As we now know, first game as play caller, without any dangerous weapons on offense, and a rookie QB who can execute but has the worst OL in the league.

Impossible to judge him. As long as he's trying new poo, and keeping some run/pass balance, I'm good

you don't want 90% screens?...lol

@Varking brother I can not even figure much after 8 games of this unit. Young killed what felt like 55% of the plays when frank was play caller. So whos at fault there for the 18 points per showing??

One game were it took a 4th quarter come back along with a 4th and 2 mid-field, to score 15 points. Thats not much to go on for the good.

I do know this- The OL blows dumpster water. Christ was 10x more important than I thought. Too much for a rookie QB and new(to the team/system) WRs to over come a OL unit that can not run block or pass block cause they are too busy committing penalties. 

• Pie 2

So three games into this and we put up:

15 , 13, and 13 ( 6 offensively ). Offense has produced 2 touchdowns in three games. Our offense has also given up two touchdowns during this three game stretch as well. The offense didn’t look smooth under Frank but the point totals were significantly better. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Varking said:

So three games into this and we put up:

15 , 13, and 13 ( 6 offensively ). Offense has produced 2 touchdowns in three games. Our offense has also given up two touchdowns during this three game stretch as well. The offense didn’t look smooth under Frank but the point totals were significantly better. 

Bingo.  The problem wasn't the play caller as much as the players.  OL penalties and allowing little time, sorry WRs (AT withstanding), lacking a power/bell cow back and no TE threat to speak of.  Oh, did I mention a rookie QB who is playing very much like a rookie QB?  I'm not sure what kind of fire power folks thought we had on that side of the ball, but it's clearly lacking.