• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Loki - Season 2

Harbingers

I find almost anything Marvel and Disney have done lately is pretty awful with the exception of Andor. They're too formulaic, do nothing but lead into the movies, and are quite literally made for a safe audience. Loki at least tries, and it's different than "Disney" for sure, but at the end of the day it's nothing like the great shows on TV.

I just finished it this weekend, and I thought it was a wonderful send off to Tom Hiddleston.  He played the true Loki variant well, and ended up being very un-Loki.  It also gives Marvel an easy out for Jonathan Majors (which sucks that he's such a poo person because he's a joy to watch on screen) as Kang.

Was it super strong?  That's up to the individual, but I did enjoy it.  Season 1 was better, but it's much harder to write an ending than the beginning/middle of a story.

On 11/20/2023 at 10:25 AM, Zaximus said:

I just finished this as well.  It's still one of the best Marvel shows. I don't think any of them have been "bad" but it's just fatigue.  Secret Invasion is probably the worst one IMO, what a snoozefest.  

there is definitely fatigue.  It's just too much.  That said, Loki is top notch Marvel.   I also thought I would hate Owen Wilson being injected into this show but it ended up being great. 

• 2 months later...