• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Montez Sweat new deal

jb2288

9 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

This is why Burns should have already been signed or shipped off when the Rams came calling. They are going to have to pay him way more than he is worth. 

Fitt strkes again, he is absolutely worthless as a Gm and should have been gone when Rhule lelft. 

Hurney was 10x better. 

Sanders would have been signed to a 4 year, 20m per with 79.5 guaranteed. He loved paying RBs. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Sanders would have been signed to a 4 year, 20m per with 79.5 guaranteed. He loved paying RBs. 

Doubt it, he probably resigns Foreman to the deal Sanders has now. 

At least Marty drafted all pro/HoF type guys. He often overpaid some as well but hey at least we won every couple of years. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

24.5M/yr really doesn’t seem too bad. I’d prefer Sweat in a 4-3 over Burns, tbh, and I remember having that same thought on draft day. We’ve been stuck in this weird space with either too many 4-3 players trying to play 3-4 or too many 3-4 players trying to play 4-3 since Ron’s final year when he decided we were going to go hybrid. This franchise been back asswards for so long.

Yep. We've had mismatched tweener personnel as a team for years now.

I honestly think we're a lot closer to fitting a 4-3 currently and it feels like the 3-4 switch might have been largely about maximizing Burns and he still looks the same.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

You can forget that. We have passed on trading him multiple times. He is going to be here. It is just how much money he ends up getting.

My guess is in the $29-32 mil/yr range.

If we don't fire Fitts that's what's gonna happen. He has really painted himself into a corner on this one and forget showing your cards, he's handed the entire deck to Burns' camp. 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Doubt it, he probably resigns Foreman to the deal Sanders has now. 

At least Marty drafted all pro/HoF type guys. He often overpaid some as well but hey at least we won every couple of years. 

There’s a reason all the players loved Hurn dog…Although (over)paying your own does have the benefit of maintaining a family like culture that was lost when Gettleman took over 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If we don't fire Fitts that's what's gonna happen. He has really painted himself into a corner on this one and forget showing your cards, he's handed the entire deck to Burns' camp. 

I think he gave them all our chips too. 

It's one of the most insane things I have ever seen. Gettleman and Hurney could only dream of fuging up a deal this badly.

4 minutes ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

There’s a reason all the players loved Hurn dog…Although (over)paying your own does have the benefit of maintaining a family like culture that was lost when Gettleman took over 

Hurney drafted knockout players in the first which s more than fitt has ever done, IDC how many RBS he overpaid. 

Do I want Hurney back for 3.0? Hell no, but he is better at his job than Fitt is. 

He did have the occasional Norman, Hardy, Kalil late round guys too. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he gave them all our chips too. 

It's one of the most insane things I have ever seen. Gettleman and Hurney could only dream of fuging up a deal this badly.

Gettleman would've offered him vet minimum then cut him in a fit of rage fifteen minutes before kickoff of our first game. 😂

• Beer 1