• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

So Reich and Stroud rumors are based only on McCown? I’m happy to read something else but Fitt and Reich linked to Stroud never crossed my path in all the discussions/articles/tweets. Young was all over the place and I do remember Richardson being the surprise contender but outside of McCown, it seemed like we eliminated Stroud.

Nfl insiders were reporting it as well.  

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Nfl insiders were reporting it as well.  

I mean, Frank even had his folks like his old roommate Boomer out pimping of what a Frank Reich QB is during that window.....and they assured us 100% it was a CJ Stroud type. 

7 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Where I'm at midseason:

This franchise is doomed for the next 3-4 seasons minimum. There is no choice now but to eat this poop-sandwich that Tepper and his yes-men up top have created. You simply cannot pay the price we did to get to #1 and completely whiff on the QB, just can't happen. BY may improve, and he has my support, but he's so clearly limited at this level that I'm just not holding my breath for him to become a top 10 guy. 

I wouldn't go that far on either the franchise or Young.

It's one thing to say Stroud might be better, another thing entirely to say Young is bad.

Young still has plenty of strengths that can be built on.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Putting your faith in Tepper and Fitt when it comes to a draft pick is hilarious.

But go ahead and keep supporting their hires and draft picks. They are the reason we suck right now.

You are a funny dude.  I despise Tepper and have given up on Fitterer, but sure, I am supporting them.  🙄

I am giving Frank the benefit of a doubt, but that somehow means I support Fitterer and Tepper.  The crazy dots you be connecting man...

8 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Where I'm at midseason:

This franchise is doomed for the next 3-4 seasons minimum. There is no choice now but to eat this poop-sandwich that Tepper and his yes-men up top have created. You simply cannot pay the price we did to get to #1 and completely whiff on the QB, just can't happen. BY may improve, and he has my support, but he's so clearly limited at this level that I'm just not holding my breath for him to become a top 10 guy. 

I wish I wasn’t there with you but yesterday was awful. The second pick 6 and Young’s jump throw made me really feel like the height will always be an issue. Also, the first pick 6 was the same. The angle of the throw made it go right over Sanders to a defender a few yard behind him. I felt like week 1 that he couldn’t see Bates on at least one of the interceptions. We know he doesn’t have a cannon and has no weapons outside Theilin but I do feel like we’re going to try and build around him and he’ll never be that guy and we’ll have a decade of under .500 seasons before our next try. 

5 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

At this point, would it surprise you? Anyone saying that about Lamar doesn’t need listened to. Even the people Tep goes to for advice is bad. Also us and the six or seven other teams who came out and said they will not pursue Lamar after he asked for a trade, look kind of silly right now. Regardless of it being a right move or not, coming outright and saying we don’t want an mvp…oof. 

Nobody was ever getting Jackson away from the Ravens.

The non-exclusive tag was only put there to let other teams negotiate parameters that the Ravens would have just matched.

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

So Reich and Stroud rumors are based only on McCown? I’m happy to read something else but Fitt and Reich linked to Stroud never crossed my path in all the discussions/articles/tweets. Young was all over the place and I do remember Richardson being the surprise contender but outside of McCown, it seemed like we eliminated Stroud.

No, not solely on McCown.

Just as an example, one of the rumors re: Stroud is that the S2 test eliminated him in Tepper's eyes.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nobody was ever getting Jackson away from the Ravens.

The non-exclusive tag was only put there to let other teams negotiate parameters that the Ravens would have just matched.

Right, I’m just saying, coming out and saying we pass not a good look. Just don’t say anything. 

29 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Reich after coaching and playing in the league and if in fact Young was his choice... I godda question whether he really knows what hes doing. But he did inherit a mess on many levels.

It being his choice is part of the question, but even if it is a lot of great drafters have whiffed on QB picks before. Hell, Bobby Beathard was a legend but he's also known as the guy who traded up to take Ryan Leaf.

• Pie 1