• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Like, why spend all the time with the post and then end with that? 

Because I think it would make a good thread, but separate from this one because it's a different overall topic.

Think of it this way: There's already a lot of discussion here so why clog up a good offensive discussion with what's already going on?

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Because I think it would make a good thread, but separate from this one because it's a different overall topic.

I don’t think you’re picking up what I’m putting down or you didn’t realize how that sounded on your end. Whatever. Continue with the..well, whatever this has turned into

• Pie 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

I don’t think you’re picking up what I’m putting down or you didn’t realize how that sounded on your end. Whatever. Continue with the..well, whatever this has turned into

See what I added above.

Basically, this thread is primarily geared to what's going on behind the scenes. A discussion of the offensive nuances would be its own topic, and a good one.

There's already a lot going on in here. That's why I'd say take that one to a place where it can be discussed on its own.

It's not an insult. Just the opposite actually...

We won decently enough with low talent last year with Wilks. As much as Tepper is to blame for this trainwreck, Reich is equally responsible. He just isn't a good coach.

Remember Mr. Scot when I said that if we hired Reich, we'd be looking for a new coach in 2 years and that Reich has already been fired 3 times for being a part of terrible, inefficient offenses, and you chided me for it and said I don't know anything?

Well, I really hate to take the W becuase I was so looking forward to a good season, but I am correct. Reich is playing football in the mid 2000's and has been one of the worst coaches this year. His offense and schemes do not fit the players we have, especially the offensive line and receivers. He's really bad and if the Panthers don't cut their losses after this season and go into a different direction, we are going 3-14 again next year and will be looking at a new QB at the top of the draft yet again.

Related to the topic...

One of the things I had forgotten to mention was that when asked about personnel, Frank Reich spoke in a little bit of a disconnected manner, saying that was a Scott Fitterer thing.

(reminded me back when Dave Gettleman would answer depth chart stuff with "that's a Ron question")

Granting that Fitterer has final say on the roster, it still struck me as an odd response when the team has previously said the roster is a collaborative approach.

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

We won decently enough with low talent last year with Wilks. As much as Tepper is to blame for this trainwreck, Reich is equally responsible. He just isn't a good coach.

Remember Mr. Scot when I said that if we hired Reich, we'd be looking for a new coach in 2 years and that Reich has already been fired 3 times for being a part of terrible, inefficient offenses, and you chided me for it and said I don't know anything?

Well, I really hate to take the W becuase I was so looking forward to a good season, but I am correct. Reich is playing football in the mid 2000's and has been one of the worst coaches this year. His offense and schemes do not fit the players we have, especially the offensive line and receivers. He's really bad and if the Panthers don't cut their losses after this season and go into a different direction, we are going 3-14 again next year and will be looking at a new QB at the top of the draft yet again.

Can't call it a W when he's not fired yet.

53 minutes ago, Varking said:

Preseason would have you thinking Stroud was an INT machine and he wasn’t ready for the NFL. Preseason ultimately doesnt tell you how somebody is about to perform in the regular season. 

It's hit or miss, making it inconsistent which means it's not an accurate indicator of the season.  

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's hit or miss, making it inconsistent which means it's not an accurate indicator of the season.  

Agreed. There is no metric right now one can point to based on preseason play and say if they do X at a Y level during preseason it means big things are coming! Its like the new "hes the training camp MVP" when the guy was WR8 or 9 the previous year on the practice squad. It gets folks hyped up right then but in the grand scheme of things it probably didn't lead to anything.