• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 QB Watch…

*FreeFua*

Michael Pratt accepted his Senior Bowl invite so he should be good to declare. 

He's the one that I've been enjoying watching.  Even when he's had down games, he makes up in big moments.  Was somewhat banged up this year but LOVED that team with him, Spears, and Dorian Williams last season.  Especially that epic bowl game beating USC.

Would Tepper allow us to draft a QB at #33 if one falls?  You know dude has ZERO accountability and thus if Bryce still continues to struggle making it even more obvious the NFL is too big for him, Tepper will likely pass on a quality QB if there at #33 just to save face, IMO.

Here's the reality: I have 9 teams likely needing a QB.  That said, not all 9 will come from the draft, some in FA.  Highest number of QBs taken in the first round in modern era is 6, happened just once...5 is a rarity too. So we are looking at worst the 5th or 6th QB at #33. So here's what we are looking at.

image.png.207782fc6839087b389d4de2571388a9.png

So far, none of these guys have opted to stay to my knowledge.  A few guys lower have entered the transfer portal.  Would any of y'all take a shot on Penix Jr., McCarthy or Ewers at #33?

So far of the notable QBs: Leonard, Ward, McCall, Van Dyke, DJ U. and Gabriel have entered the portal.  Outside of Leonard and Ward, non of these guys were higher than late day 3 picks.  Van Dyke's stock has plummeted the past two seasons after a great start to his college career.

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nix is more accurate and has a better fastball, IMHO, but McCarthy is a better athlete.  BOTH are a threat to run the ball.

Yeah Nix has the arm and just plays bigger.  Just has more presence in the pocket.  McCarthy has the athleticism and is a bit more disciplined.

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah Nix has the arm and just plays bigger.  Just has more presence in the pocket.  McCarthy has the athleticism and is a bit more disciplined.

I have soured on young QBs, 3rd year guys, namely.  They just haven't played enough ball to be remotely NFL ready.  I don't care if they played at Bama, USC, Michigan or Ohio State.  Brock Purdy is the prime example of why you take a solid older guy over a flashy young guy with "potential."

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I have soured on young QBs, 3rd year guys, namely.  They just haven't played enough ball to be remotely NFL ready.  I don't care if they played at Bama, USC, Michigan or Ohio State.  Brock Purdy is the prime example of why you take a solid older guy over a flashy young guy with "potential."

Nix is in his 6th college season. He's most likely doesn't have any more potential at this point. That said, he's a good college QB.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Nix is in his 6th college season. He's most likely doesn't have any more potential at this point. That said, he's a good college QB.

I would look at it like he would have a shallower learning curve in the NFL.  These true juniors and RSOs are underdeveloped, period. Having only 30-ish games, that's if they start almost every game in three years, is simply not enough.  Truth be known, most QBs don't play much, if at all, their freshman year so now you are looking at only about two dozen games.  Guys like this are SUPER green and why they struggle MIGHTILY in the NFL.  Factor in 3-4 fluff games each season for most schools and these 3-year guys who sit year 1 only have--at MOST-- 12-16 games versus top competition. 

Again, they simply are NOT ready.

• Pie 1