• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 QB Watch…

*FreeFua*

Obviously Maye and Williams will be long gone before we pick but there’s some intriguing prospects

It’s likely we’ll have the top pick in the 2nd round and someone always seems to fall out of the 1st

The 2025 QB class looks to be very weak as of right now

With that in mind I don’t think the Panthers in a position to ignore this group of QB’s in this years draft given what we’ve seen from Bryce so far

1 hour ago, Panthering said:

Who plays behind a crappy o line, with a crappy team, below average coaching staff, and yet elevates players around him because he's got some skills. Spencer Rattler..... am I biased? Yeah, but he's got some arm talent.

Ugh, unless he's grown up, he has some serious maturity issues.  I don't keep up withe Gamecock football, but that was a knock on him at Oklahoma.  Maybe he's changed.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Ugh, unless he's grown up, he has some serious maturity issues.  I don't keep up withe Gamecock football, but that was a knock on him at Oklahoma.  Maybe he's changed.

Yeah it was, hasn't been an issue at SC as far as I know. Has been really good for us and leaving it all out there despite getting the crap kicked out of him. 

On 11/13/2023 at 3:40 PM, Panthering said:

Who plays behind a crappy o line, with a crappy team, below average coaching staff, and yet elevates players around him because he's got some skills. Spencer Rattler..... am I biased? Yeah, but he's got some arm talent.

Sanders and Rattler. 

I’d love to take a flier on Rattler

I watched whatever show that was where they followed him around in High School and like it was mentioned above he’d have to have seriously grown up if we were to do it but he’s talented and that arm is special. 

I think Rattler ends up going in the Levis range. Might even sneak into the 1st

I’ve seen enough of Bo Nix over the 12 years he’s been in college to know I wouldn’t draft him. I’ve seen his name in mocks in the first round

We must take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Someone that we can put in if Bryce truly shows no improvement. History shows that you can find a starting QB in these rounds. I do not trust our current scouting department to determine who that will be, hopefully it's a whole new department.

There is zero chance we take a QB high this year after having just traded a haul to draft Bryce. We need to be looking at 2025 QBs. Likely gonna be another long year next year.

If we had a 1st rounder then maybe we  do what the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen and trade Bryce for whatever we could get and move on but we don't.

• Pie 1

On 11/16/2023 at 3:16 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

There is zero chance we take a QB high this year after having just traded a haul to draft Bryce. We need to be looking at 2025 QBs. Likely gonna be another long year next year.

If we had a 1st rounder then maybe we  do what the Cardinals did with Josh Rosen and trade Bryce for whatever we could get and move on but we don't.

Yeah if we draft one this year it’s a late round project that dropped further than we had projected. Young gets next year with us investing heavily in our offense this offseason. We can do a full reset in 25 if we need it with an early 1st. Sanders and Ewers might play another year, Allar at Penn St could be there..

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/quinn-ewers-shedeur-sanders-headline-2025-nfl-draft-qb-class/#

The good news is if Young is a true bust we will have a high pick which could attract a good coach. If we don’t have a top pick that likely means Young played better.