• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody excited about our young core?

CamWhoaaCam

I know this season we haven't been winning a lot, but that's more about coaching if you ask me. What has caught my eye is our young building blocks Miller and Williams. Those guys look like they can be future All-stars sooner than later. Then you have Melo who has been looking like his normal self again these past 3 games. I truly feel the Hornets have something to finally build around for the future. Our core 3 Melo/Miller/Williams fit and they know how to play team basketball.

If we can put some smart and team first players around this core I think we could be contending a few years down the line. Maybe this is wishful thinking but I really like our young core. If we hit on our next HC we could take a huge jump.

How do you feel about our core group moving forward?

31 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Haywards deal drops off after this season.  Would like to find a good wing or SG to go with those 3.  Additionally another shooter in FA would be nice

Thoughts on Paul George?

Basically a better version of Hayward but can also still be a mentor to the young guys and he's already like a mentor for Brandon Miller.

13 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Can we just move forward without miles that's really all I want

Im fine with that as long as we get value back in a trade.

We can't ignore his talent. Dude is a fringe all-star caliber talent. We just can't get rid of him for pennies on the dollar. Im willing to bet a lot of teams would trade a 1st round pick for him and possibly a rotation player.

Yeah I’m super excited about this core. LaMelo, Miller and Mark are all so solid already with huge huge potential. Add Miles pending off court stuff and PJ and that is some really good young talent. Need a bench and coaching, but those are easier to find than the young talent we already have a lot of.

• Pie 1