• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 11

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That's because they value RAS scores more than actually being able to play the game. And that is one thing that makes Young such an odd choice for the Panthers. If they had picked a QB based off RAS like they seem to do every other position, then Richardson would be the Panthers' QB right now instead of any of the others.

Yeah…I am in the IT business and it’s called overthinking the solution.  The more complex you make it the more probable it fails.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That's because they value RAS scores more than actually being able to play the game. And that is one thing that makes Young such an odd choice for the Panthers. If they had picked a QB based off RAS like they seem to do every other position, then Richardson would be the Panthers' QB right now instead of any of the others.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I was about to say they're obsessed with RAS scores then they draft a 5'10" buck eighty noodle armed QB. It's all just baffling.

Maybe because Tepper was pushing for Bryce?

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I was about to say they're obsessed with RAS scores then they draft a 5'10" buck eighty noodle armed QB. It's all just baffling.

Young was a really good college QB, so it makes sense that they would look at his body of work instead of the RAS score. But they need to do that for every position.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Young was a really good college QB, so it makes sense that they would look at his body of work instead of the RAS score. But they need to do that for every position.

That's what I don't understand. The body of work screamed great college QB with marginal at very best NFL physical talent.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

One more thing about RAS and QBs. If they had went strictly by RAS to make the pick, Levis would probably have been the Panthers' second choice after Richardson.

I don't think they are as simplistic as going strictly off RAS scores but based on their drafts they weight it VERY highly. Wouldn't surprise me if Tepper convinced himself that QB is such a cerebral position that the S2 was the RAS of QB scores.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Is Clemson really storming the field? That's just embarrassing for a program of this caliber.

I mean, I guess I should be flatted but it's just embarrassing

Just asking why you should be "flattered" (sic)?  The ACC as a whole is maybe the 4th best football conference and Carolina and Clempson both are mid this year.