• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Bryce Breakdown

BrianS

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Youtube objective comments-

Thats weird that his foot work is so lazy. How does he expect to ever make his first read on time when he is still walking backwards when they are breaking on their route? Thats just crazy to see. These defenses have to be seeing this too and I dont see why not send heat if hes not gonna be ready to throw hot when he has to.

Does this player ever line up in a pro formation under center? He didn’t do it in college either. I don’t think he can bc of his size. That’s gotta kill their run game, and it makes the offense so predictable.

exactly, if you can’t line up under center then there is no effective play action pass plays taking place.

Bingo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, I'm legit rooting for Bryce. That'd be some delicious crow to eat.

But I'm not going to embarrass myself blaming everything under the sun to cover for Bryce in the meantime. He's playing bad. Yes, the entire offense is. That's true. But Bryce is part of the bad. It's not like he's a diamond shining in the rough. He's very much a big part of why the entire offense is bad. Sorry, that's just the reality of the situation.

That’s funny, the Brees thing. It is a lie that has been repeated enough that people believe it. Good job, liars. Bad job, people. 

There is a photo somewhere of Young next to Brees. Grow him up about 10–15% you might have a Brees comp. 

I posted it before.  Did the math. 209lbs vs 185lbs, hell I’ll be a Brycestan and give him 5 lbs. 209 to 190 . Still basically 10%. Add that rather than subtract it from Brees and he is 230 lbs. 

Turns out Brees is actually as close to prototype as he is to Young. That is how small Young is. 

”Nitpicking” they like to say, bringing actual details into the conversation, sheds a lot of light on how real and accurate people are being. 

Edit: and I admit I took Young off the top of the 1st round purely on his size, and then investigated further because people wouldn’t let it go. 

I saw enough independent of his size to keep him off my list.

I am really just using the size to illustrate how untruths can turn into truth for people who do not think for themselves. Lot of you out there. 

This narrative got out of control on the wrong side and hurt us badly. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

It’s just so disappointing right now and it’s so hard to get this out of my head when I think about Young

We got Young/DJ Johnson

We gave up Moore, CMC, Jalen Carter, Williams or Maye and a 2025 2nd

Add in not making the Burns trade and you go from a team favored to win the NFC South for years to the worst team in the league.

• Pie 1

On 11/17/2023 at 11:30 PM, BrisbanePanther said:

Just pay Brees whatever it takes and replace McCown. Buy him a bunch of Jimmy Johns. Promise to finance his run for mayor of New Orleans. Whatever.

If we want Bryce to be Brees, go get Brees to teach him.

Who came up with the Brees comps in the first place? There's like nothing there, not even the size comp is accurate. Brees could QB sneak and leap over a pile when needed

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Who came up with the Brees comps in the first place? There's like nothing there, not even the size comp is accurate. Brees could QB sneak and leap over a pile when needed

Eye level, Brees is almost at Stroud’s eye level. Young’s eyes are at Brees’ mouth. The Brees comp is really bad. It’s definitely looking like we got sold.

1063759206_AnotherBryceBreakdown-Page4-CarolinaPanth.thumb.png.afbc50742e0dcbd44d217b13d196c025.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It was a way for people to accept his height and say he can play in the NFL, at first it was Flutie 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Eye level, Brees is almost at Stroud’s eye level. Young’s eyes are at Brees’ mouth. The Brees comp is really bad. It’s definitely looking like we got sold.

1063759206_AnotherBryceBreakdown-Page4-CarolinaPanth.thumb.png.afbc50742e0dcbd44d217b13d196c025.png

If you shaved Bryces head he'd probably look small beside PJ Walker lol. At least PJ has a cannon that teams have to respect