• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

42 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just an observation but it concerns me how no defender remotely gives a poo that Tremble is running free across the middle. Now I'll be the first to say Tommy has had an up and down career with us thus far but he hasn't been developed either. I think he could be a pretty good TE with the right coaching. Back to the point though. The defenders all head toward the sideline with Mingo because they have been well coached and watch film. They knew where the ball was going because they know Bryce's tendencies. More often than not there is absolutely no threat of Bryce Young throwing downfield. We can blast Reich the OL Mingo or whomever. The tape doesn't lie.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Watching the All-22 you can see that when Bryce begins to throw Mingo is running a drag down the 30 yard line while Bland is trailing about 2 yards deeper at the 32. Once a WR reaches the proper depth on a drag route he should run a straight line parallel to the LOS. #33 is playing a zone to account for Chuba and Tremble. #33 only turns to run once he sees Bryce going to Mingo. If Mingo stays on the 30 worst case is it's a PBU or a drop, best case he catches it and Bland misses the tackle. Without knowing the read progression on this play I can't say if Bryce missed Tremble or just never got to that read because Mingo was open. I would like to see that throw with more velocity though. Mingo ran a lazy route, Bryce could have made a better throw. They are both responsible for the pick 6. This isn't an either/or situation.