• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank throws Tepper under the bus

*FreeFua*

4 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

Well if true that Tepper made the decision on Young then Reich is having to run this  style of offense because he doesn't have a qb capable of anything else. This is an offense built for a physically limited qb. It's not a coincidence the only 300 plus passing yard game  come from Dalton this year. 

This was all decided before the season started and I would guess that Frank signed on to what he pitched which is his same old scheme which is what we all see. They just chose a QB so limited that it compounds those known issues and what you see is a worst case scenario. He had a broken Matt Ryan and still had 3 wins before he was fired last year. He just came to a bad team that just made a really bad QB situation while not having any real ability to adapt from his thing anyways. 

It really is incredible how bad all of this went for them, from conception to any luck. It's almost all fail.

• Pie 6

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

This was all decided before the season started and I would guess that Frank signed on to what he pitched which is his same old scheme which is what we all see. They just chose a QB so limited that it compounds those known issues and what you see is a worst case scenario. He had a broken Matt Ryan and still had 3 wins before he was fired last year. He just came to a bad team that just made a really bad QB situation while not having any real ability to adapt from his thing anyways. 

It really is incredible how bad all of this went for them, from conception to any luck. It's almost all fail.

Yes indeed.....

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Reich was a convenient yes man and a way of quelling the firing of Wilks. He had to hire a Carolina guy of some capacity, to look like less of the scumbag he is in the locker room. He had to then crank the hype machine to validate the hire, taking those guys for fools…. Like they don’t have former player friends on the Colts to get the low down on Reich and realize the hype doesn’t sync up with the narrative. They’re probably double insulted now. 

I wanted Wilks, fresh offensive and defensive minds with his capacity as the CEO and not dictating play calling. After the finish last season, we would actually draw top coordinator talent because they would want to be a part of what we’re building. 

keep Sam, keep DJ, draft a stud TE, line stays intact, get some depth. Focus draft of d line and secondary. 

We draft qb this season, trading up if needed. Gently morph the offense as needed with the strengths of what we have. 

the league is ALWAYS and will always change.  By the time Tepper’s vision comes together, it will be passé and there will be a new hot scheme as even more rule changes occur. 

His ego, ignorance, insecurity, impatience, and inability to see that HE is the problem is the biggest problem going. 

Thats how it should have been done, but the scumbag owner doesn't have patience like that. He wanted an "offensive" coach, LOL what a joke yet our offense is very offensive. Remember, he got his wealth at the hands of millions of people suffering, losing their livelihood and going bankrupt. He doesn't care about the fans and never will, the fans are expendable. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Thats how it should have been done, but the scumbag owner doesn't have patience like that. He wanted an "offensive" coach, LOL what a joke yet our offense is very offensive. Remember, he got his wealth at the hands of millions of people suffering, losing their livelihood and going bankrupt. He doesn't care about the fans and never will, the fans are expendable. 

The tragedy is that it could have been SO GOOD. We absolutely could have been the team nobody wanted to play just this season. It would be beat the piss out of you football again. Some key hires and you’d have players chomping at the bit for training camp to start. 

give Sam a summer with Luke and 89 tutelage. Draft him a stud TE first down machine and burner WR.

The blueprint was there but the wrong guy drew it up, I guess. It was workable. 

If not that, then at least give Frank Stroud to work the new offense, but he couldn’t even get that right. The whole team knows who picked Bryce. You think they’re not pissed about that? It’s taking $ out of their pockets. 

I know I’m living in a fantasy world, but you can’t tell me it’d be worse than this unwatchable garbage.