• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank throws Tepper under the bus

*FreeFua*

https://x.com/rickyboboddy/status/1726676931440222486?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

I posted this in another thread but it deserves its own thread.

Frank has had enough and just told everyone once again what’s going on in this organization 

He tipped people off here: https://x.com/mikey_wyllin/status/1725672747521474958?s=46&t=W75E23VenL1ei42iX22E5g

But left no doubt after todays presser. 

We have an owner who is dictating the style of play despite everyone and their dog realizing it doesn’t play to our strengths. I’m sure Frank is a lot more respected league wide than we respect him at the moment but I’m sure whoever interviews here this offseason gives him a call first. Despite whatever Tepper told Jones about “sharks” or whatever, this job is going to be a very hard sell

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Not really sure that's what he's doing. It's more an admission that they all completely misjudged the ability of the guys up front to pass protect. Reich came in and implemented his usual offense and the personnel hasn't fit.

Do we really think Reich wanted to come here and be a run heavy team?

Edited by Billy Goat
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, Billy Goat said:

Not really sure that's what he's doing. It's more an admission that they all completely misjudged the ability of the guys up front to pass protect. Reich came in and implemented his usual offense and the personnel hasn't fit.

Do we really think Reich wanted to come here and be a run heavy team?

Wanted to? Probably not

Realized that’s what was needed and was willing to? Probably 

IMG_8050.jpeg.060cb8bd8f5d174d353d1c5299bc7635.jpeg

From Tepper’s mouth. This is what he wants 

I agree with @*FreeFua* on this.

Frank's a diplomatic guy, he's not going to come right out and slam Tepper.

But that 100% sounds like, "look, we know what they're good at, but external forces are dictating we not do that." The Athletic reported Tepper wanted the Alabama offense and we don't have the personnel to run that. This is what happens.

ETA: Yeah, that passage above this post.

Edited by Dorian Gray
  • Beer 2

I'm not seeing this Tepper under the bus thing. 

Frank Reich was never going to come in here and play Wilks football.  That's not per Dave not to.  Frank is doing what Frank does.  Frank doesn't play Wilks football and never has. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and tepper will sell the team 

He won't. He'll move the team...hes a money man and this club is easy money once ur in...despite all his rhetoric of wanting a winning team and wont stand for mediocrity hes all about the money and thats it....We have the worst owner who took the crown from the Haslams.... Detroit Browns!!!

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

Nobody worth their salt will touch this franchise as long as Teppers are the owners.  

sure they will.  only 32 of the these gigs on planet Earth. 

Tepper isn't the first or last problematic owner.   League has always had plenty of Teppers. 

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

Nobody worth their salt will touch this franchise as long as Teppers are the owners.  

At this point I agree. I don’t care how rare these coaching jobs are. You’re signing your own death certificate by taking this job

Young up and coming guys like Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson won’t let their every move during their first opportunity be dictated by David Tepper 

• Pie 2