• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce vs Cowboys All 22

Tbe

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The ball is late. I don't know what Bryce was waiting for since she was staring at Mingo the whole time. Once he crosses midfield and then the hashes the window is getting smaller and smaller with the defender in trail position. If the ball is thrown on time he's hitting Mingo right about midfield and leads him toward the sideline and you have the potential for a positive play. By the time Bryce throws it there's no real possibility of a positive outcome, unless he goes backyard football and lofts it leading Mingo downfield and taking advantage of the DB aggressively trying to play the ball. But throwing a duck toward the sidelines and a broken up pass becomes about the best of likely outcomes.

he is supposed the throw that ball to the numbers and mingo is supposed to run a straight line so he doesnt give the db a window.  only thing 9 coulda done is throw that ball harder.  

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

he is supposed the throw that ball to the numbers and mingo is supposed to run a straight line so he doesnt give the db a window.  only thing 9 coulda done is throw that ball harder.  

Are you really trying to argue that Bryce is supposed to stare at a crossing receiver with a trailing DB on his hip but wait until the receiver is outside the hashes making for a much smaller window, much more difficult throw before he actually throws the ball?

The ball has to either be A) thrown sooner B) thrown backyard football style lofted over the top leading Mingo down the field (I suspect this is why Mingo starts to drift because the play as designed is basically shot by the time Bryce throws the ball) or C) Bryce has to come off of his stared down initial read and throw it to the now wide open Tremble.

Mingo drifting one yard down the field didn't cause this play to go awry. Bryce being late and throwing a ball that brought the DB into play caused the play to go awry.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you really trying to argue that Bryce is supposed to stare at a crossing receiver with a trailing DB on his hip but wait until the receiver is outside the hashes making for a much smaller window, much more difficult throw before he actually throws the ball?

The ball has to either be A) thrown sooner B) thrown backyard football style lofted over the top leading Mingo down the field (I suspect this is why Mingo starts to drift because the play as designed is basically shot by the time Bryce throws the ball) or C) Bryce has to come off of his stared down initial read and throw it to the now wide open Tremble.

Mingo drifting one yard down the field didn't cause this play to go awry. Bryce being late and throwing a ball that brought the DB into play caused the play to go awry.

that just where the target is... you can dislike it if you want and thats fine but its the spot they are looking for on that pass.  Btwn the drift an the soft throw it allowed for an int, like most mistakes its a combo of things.

My question is what the hell is this coaching staff doing? Are they even coaching these players up with all this bad technique? Where is Josh McCown? Where is Jim Caldwell? I thought this was an All Star staff who when knew football? Bad football is being coached, with poor technique and lack of discipline with penalties. 

• Pie 3

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

My question is what the hell is this coaching staff doing? Are they even coaching these players up with all this bad technique? Where is Josh McCown? Where is Jim Caldwell? I thought this was an All Star staff who when knew football? Bad football is being coached, with poor technique and lack of discipline with penalties. 

You cant fix poor technique at any position in an off season btwn the draft and the season starting... and once the season starts they dont have much if any time to work on it at all, they are mostly game planning. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The ball is late. I don't know what Bryce was waiting for since she was staring at Mingo the whole time. Once he crosses midfield and then the hashes the window is getting smaller and smaller with the defender in trail position. If the ball is thrown on time he's hitting Mingo right about midfield and leads him toward the sideline and you have the potential for a positive play. 

I should just move on, but this is way off.

IMG_1749.thumb.jpeg.598fb7cc5b6fe5ceacc26abe7688679c.jpeg

You suggest Bryce should have hit Mingo about middle of the field here. There is very clearly a LB squatting in the middle of the field. Bryce threw it when he should have and the fact that Mingo drifted off his drag line by 3 yards opened a window for the INT. 

21 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I should just move on, but this is way off.

IMG_1749.thumb.jpeg.598fb7cc5b6fe5ceacc26abe7688679c.jpeg

You suggest Bryce should have hit Mingo about middle of the field here. There is very clearly a LB squatting in the middle of the field. Bryce threw it when he should have and the fact that Mingo drifted off his drag line by 3 yards opened a window for the INT. 

The ball should be thrown as soon as he's clearing the LB. About another step after this screen grab. The LB is squatting here and Mingo is on the move. Look at all that green in front of Mingo. A step after this a properly thrown ball with heat on it leading Mingo is potentially a big play. 

The negative outcome of this play is on Bryce, period. Sorry, not sorry 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The ball should be thrown as soon as he's clearing the LB. About another step after this screen grab. The LB is squatting here and Mingo is on the move. Look at all that green in front of Mingo. A step after this a properly thrown ball with heat on it leading Mingo is potentially a big play. 

The negative outcome of this play is on Bryce, period. Sorry, not sorry 

IMG_1750.thumb.jpeg.566bb666abb99e8955f9efe48a935bd7.jpegIMG_1751.thumb.jpeg.d4246501828d8f2374742751ff418a3d.jpeg

The ball was thrown as soon as he cleared the LB. 

Above are the next two steps. Ball is already out in the 2nd frame before Mingo clears the hash. 

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

IMG_1750.thumb.jpeg.566bb666abb99e8955f9efe48a935bd7.jpegIMG_1751.thumb.jpeg.d4246501828d8f2374742751ff418a3d.jpeg

Above are the next two steps. Ball is already out in the 2nd frame before Mingo clears the hash. 

I'm sticking with Olsen again in saying the DB just made a great play.  He has been doing it all year since Diggs went down.  Young's mistake was not seeing Tremble having no one pick him up.  Tremble should have been the read. 

5 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

He threw it even weaker than I thought. You're right, the ball really isn't late. It's just Bryce doesn't have the arm to drive it in there. He's gotta float it to the sideline.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm sticking with Olsen again in saying the DB just made a great play.  He has been doing it all year since Diggs went down.  Young's mistake was not seeing Tremble having no one pick him up.  Tremble should have been the read. 

Agree on it being a great play from the DB. Still think it would have been a batted pass, at worst, if Mingo runs down the 30. 

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

exactly.  the 3-0 is the target.  mingo is drifting, the throw was too soft and defender made an absolutely sick play.  honorable mention to mingo acting like a no effort bum after the pick.

• Pie 1