• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce vs Cowboys All 22

Tbe

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ugh. It's so bad. The OL is terrible. The receivers just look sooooooo slow. When guys are schemed open Bryce is missing the read more often than not. It's a poo show all the way around.

Each group (ol, wr,qb) has good and bad reps. They just hardly ever have good reps at the same time.

Bryce is definitely slow in his drop backs and release many times which causes him to miss the open window. 

Bryce is also getting swallowed up when the pocket collapses, which he can’t see or throw over.

I looked back at Russel Wilson and noticed he would sprint back 10+ yards when under center. My guess is he did this so he could see. Maybe Bryce should give that a try.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Each group (ol, wr,qb) has good and bad reps. They just hardly ever have good reps at the same time.

Bryce is definitely slow in his drop backs and release many times which causes him to miss the open window. 

Bryce is also getting swallowed up when the pocket collapses, which he can’t see or throw over.

I looked back at Russel Wilson and noticed he would sprint back 10+ yards when under center. My guess is he did this so he could see. Maybe Bryce should give that a try.

Yep. It's hard to have any sustained success when some level of the offense is shitting the bed on nearly every snap. The OL gets blown up or WRs fail to get separation, or Bryce blows a read or misses a throw. Damn near every snap.

If Bryce is going to have any chance of success he has to fix his footwork. Like forget everything you're doing right now and start from scratch. He's not ready to throw it when he sees it. His feet and hips are all over the place. Even if he gets his read right or has time to go through his progression, once he identified his opportunity he realizes his feet and hips haven't come with his eyes and by the time he gets his body alignment right the opportunity is passed.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

50 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It looks like Mingo did run a pretty ugly route on that pick-six.

The ball is late. I don't know what Bryce was waiting for since she was staring at Mingo the whole time. Once he crosses midfield and then the hashes the window is getting smaller and smaller with the defender in trail position. If the ball is thrown on time he's hitting Mingo right about midfield and leads him toward the sideline and you have the potential for a positive play. By the time Bryce throws it there's no real possibility of a positive outcome, unless he goes backyard football and lofts it leading Mingo downfield and taking advantage of the DB aggressively trying to play the ball. But throwing a duck toward the sidelines and a broken up pass becomes about the best of likely outcomes.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Bryce is going to have any chance of success he has to fix his footwork. Like forget everything you're doing right now and start from scratch. He's not ready to throw it when he sees it. His feet and hips are all over the place. Even if he gets his read right or has time to go through his progression, once he identified his opportunity he realizes his feet and hips haven't come with his eyes and by the time he gets his body alignment right the opportunity is passed.

100%. Footwork and he just needs to drop back further so the OL doesn’t obstruct his view so quickly.

I’m baffled this brain trust of coaches isn’t doing anything about this.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Unfortunately, that would take probably 2-4 years for new footwork or mechanics to become muscle memory (or unconscious).

Think Aaron Rodgers changing his upper body mechanics from Cal. 

Aaron was able to because he sat for multiple years behind Favre though. He fixed it behind the scenes. 

I think Bryce’s only chance to improve short term, is to make better reads. Then medium term is better supporting cast/coaching scheme. Then long term is mechanics. 

I think he/we are fuged but hope I’m wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

100%. Footwork and he just needs to drop back further so the OL doesn’t obstruct his view so quickly.

I’m baffled this brain trust of coaches isn’t doing anything about this.

He doesn't have Wilson's athleticism and ability to throw on the run. Russ had a real knack for that poo. Always did. Drop back a mile, run around like an idiot, chuck up a prayer and... you have GOT to be fuging kidding me. Time and time again.

Dropping back further actually puts even more pressure on your OL, particularly your tackles. They're trying to protect a pocket. If your QB is dropping back further than the pocket they're trying to form it's giving the edge rusher a clearer path. The QB dropping way back is basically gonna be a backyard football scramble drill play more often than not because the OTs can't block for that. What we should be doing is helping the OL with play calling. Lots of power running plays and setting up the pass with play action. On obvious passing downs, move the pocket. Bryce isn't Russ Wilson but he can throw on the move. Get him on the move and roll the pocket. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Bryce doesn't have the arm strength to make throws any longer than they absolutely need to be. Another 5+ yards to throws is not ideal.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1