• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Petition for Tepper to sell

Panthers Fan 69

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

I disagree. I think he very much cares what people think.

Either way, I think it would help for fans to voice their displeasure at every opportunity.

He surrounds himself with yes men. Fans are the only place he’ll hear the truth.

He’s the source of the problem, and we need to throw that in his face at every opportunity.

...He might care but he doesn't have the capacity to do anything about it....Thus a decade of losing in coming...

18 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

As I just mentioned it was known he was petty and spiteful before he bought the team, this is all publicly available.  Someone doesn't have to commit murder or rape someone to be a shitty person, you can just be a shitty person, that is an absurd claim.  He's a shitty person like how Matt Rhule was a shitty person, blame everyone else and take zero accountability.  As for your last statement, no I didn't have any conversations with him, I just actually know his backstory and know how people of his ilk operate.  I've worked with and known lots of people exactly like that, and they are all absolutely insufferable.

We're just going to have to disagree. I don't see being petty and spiteful as being "shitty." People sometimes have valid reasons for the things that they do. If someone passes you over for a job and you end up a billionaire, then obviously they were in error. Moreover, John Corzine, his former boss that used to own that home was sketchy as hell. It's not like Tepper is Trump (https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/scottish-villagers-in-the-way-of-a-golf-course-learn-trump-has-a-thing-about-walls/), what Tepper did is more akin to poetic justice than being petty.

Moreover, you act like Tepper never takes responsibility. I heard him take responsibility my own self. And here is another article discussing what I believe is a different presser from the one I looked at.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/31/panthers-owner-david-tepper-admits-mistake-ceo-hc-matt-rhule-frank-reich/

The presser that I took time to listen two about three times is here. Tepper took responsibility, and he mentioned being accountable to the fans. Tepper has a great appreciation for the fans because he was one. 

All that being said, he has yet to put a good product on the field. As he seems to be a thinking man, if not self-reflective, he's going to keep pounding (if you will) until we turn into a winning organization. He's going to have to figure that out. Along the way, I'm sure that he will make plenty of mistakes because he's human. In my opinion, nothing he has done speaks to definitely being a "shitty person" (save for upgrading his wife to a younger model, and I can't even definitely say that because that's his personal business...two sides to every story). And, even still, no one is 100 percent without fault. In my opinion, you need to take it easy with the value judgments.

Edited by top dawg