• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT on Reich's status, Tepper's ownership

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

That I agree with. But I don’t think the firing of Frank matter. In a perfect world it is a clean slate with a new GM and HC and they are not mandated to start Young unless they want to. Forcing Young as the starting QB will have an impact.

Knowing what we know now about young and the teppers then you can guarandamntee Young is part of the package

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Captroop said:

Been saying this for a few weeks. We are, and should be stuck with Frank next year. We can't fire a first year head coach the year after firing the last coach mid-season and hope to attract any kind of head coaching candidate except for one that is looking to make a fat payday off Tepper on his way to retirement. 

We simply have to give Frank a chance, not because he's the right choice but it's the only hope we have that our next HC won't be another setback. 

The problem with that logic is that Frank isn't a first year Head Coach. This is his 6th year as a HC, first with us. His track record shows exactly what he is, a guy the game has passed by. 

If you're going to fire him next year, just fire him this year. Seriously though, it's not like his replacement will do any worse. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Martin said:

The “nobody would like to come here if Frank is fired” is bs. Everyone will see that this year was a complete disaster and think to themselves that could do much better than that.

Okay, play that out.

"I'm sure I could do better. Sure, the owner won't let me pick my own QB, I have to play the undersized guy that they sold the farm to get. Which also means I don't get my own system, I have to install a system designed to prop this guy up. Also, I don't get a first round pick. Also I need an entire o-line. Also I need an entire WR corps. Also, from day 1, I'm already on the hot seat and have to start producing wins or they'll fire me after one year as well. But I'm SURE I could do better. It won't even take that much time! The last guy only got one year, so I'm sure I could turn this situation around in less than one year. No problemo!"

Honestly, anyone who looks at our situation, and takes this job for anything other than a paycheck is so dumb that I immediately would question their sanity, much less their prospects as a successful head coach.

If you fire Frank, the only reasonable option is to promote someone already on staff. This is a job and a situation that needs to be foisted onto someone. No one in their right mind voluntarily takes it unless it's literally the only hope they have of a HC job, and they're just grateful for a shot. And I don't want that guy.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

Okay, play that out.

"I'm sure I could do better. Sure, the owner won't let me pick my own QB, I have to play the undersized guy that they sold the farm to get. Which also means I don't get my own system, I have to install a system designed to prop this guy up. Also, I don't get a first round pick. Also I need an entire o-line. Also I need an entire WR corps. Also, from day 1, I'm already on the hot seat and have to start producing wins or they'll fire me after one year as well. But I'm SURE I could do better. It won't even take that much time! The last guy only got one year, so I'm sure I could turn this situation around in less than one year. No problemo!"

Honestly, anyone who looks at our situation, and takes this job for anything other than a paycheck is so dumb that I immediately would question their sanity, much less their prospects as a successful head coach.

If you fire Frank, the only reasonable option is to promote someone already on staff. This is a job and a situation that needs to be foisted onto someone. No one in their right mind voluntarily takes it unless it's literally the only hope they have of a HC job, and they're just grateful for a shot. And I don't want that guy.

As I said. Frank being fired after showing ineptitude and going 1-11 will not be the reason someone won’t take the job. There are other reasons for hesitation, but Frank being fired for his performance is not one of them.

1 minute ago, Martin said:

As I said. Frank being fired after showing ineptitude and going 1-11 will not be the reason someone won’t take the job. There are other reasons for hesitation, but Frank being fired for his performance is not one of them.

Well, I guess we'll ind out now won't we 😉