• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Islanders 7:30pm

Panthers Fan 69

I don't know the Canes have developed enough consistency to beat this team yet. I know, the Canes beat the Isles 4-3 in OT earlier this month after scoring 3 straight goals to tie the game. Raanta was in net that night.

Not gonna lie, I love this Isles roster. It's stacked with guys I think would play exceptionally well in RBA's system. But, those guys are getting up there in years and the Canes advantage in the transition game and speed through the neutral zone should help.

Do the Canes get to face Sorokin or Varlomov tonight? I honestly thought the Canes might pursue Varlomov on a 1 or 2 year deal and decide to let Raanta or Anderson walk.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm not quite there yet with the trust factor.

On top of that, is Raanta a total head case after the TB debacle so much so that he's now the #2?

I’m more of the opinion, at this point it’s Pyotr’s net to lose. He did give up “2” in Philly. TT saved his ass on one. Doesn’t mean I trust Pyotr, but it’s the best option we currently have.

We are in a tough spot. We need to play Pyotr to get him into a rhythm. But we also can’t let Raanta get cold if he is actually somewhat healthy before this Canadian swing, especially if he’s yipping. I still think he has a major injury probably inner thigh groin area. The last two times he did the splits, once vs. TB and once in his game before he was super slow to move or get up and in both games you could tell his mobility was hampered after that. The TB game his glove hand was nonexistent when it’s usually his biggest asset. 

If it was me I’d go Pyotr tonight, Raanta vs. Buffalo. Then every other in Canada. Starting with Raanta(hopefully off a win) so Pyotr can get a look vs. both Edmonton and Vancouver. Give us a real view at what exactly we are dealing with. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 3

Here’s the full rundown. Seems Rod is basically set in keeping the Orlov/Chatty line solid. Orlov has definitely hit his stride over the past couple games. I think give it maybe a month more and he’s going to start turning lethal now that he’s understanding the man system defensively. Aka burns last year. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I don't know the Canes have developed enough consistency to beat this team yet. I know, the Canes beat the Isles 4-3 in OT earlier this month after scoring 3 straight goals to tie the game. Raanta was in net that night.

Not gonna lie, I love this Isles roster. It's stacked with guys I think would play exceptionally well in RBA's system. But, those guys are getting up there in years and the Canes advantage in the transition game and speed through the neutral zone should help.

Do the Canes get to face Sorokin or Varlomov tonight? I honestly thought the Canes might pursue Varlomov on a 1 or 2 year deal and decide to let Raanta or Anderson walk.

This is a nonsense the Canes have owned them for years...

Also

• Pie 1