• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you're looking for an argument...

Mr. Scot

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Bob and Tom's mock draft is very relevant in determining expert consensus. A lot of mock drafts are "consensus" because they just copy each other. 

Of the 3 links you posted 1 had Young at 4 (highest QB) and Stroud at 6.  One literally said it could be Young or Stroud as QB1.  You found 3 links in which one was a wash, one had Young as QB1, and one had Stroud.  These aren't just mocks, it's big boards and player rankings.  You can't change history man whether it was wrong or right.  

13 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

LOL of all the things you could have taken away.  Here's some actual objective evidence, and it surely doesn't back the hit job you are your minions want to project...

Regardless, for what it's worth, you won.  I'll take my next sabbatical from this (unfortunately) toxic place.

Hope you and your squad enjoy controlling this entire place... might as well put up a banner... "only moderator-approved groupthink allowed!!"

It's funny you think because people don't agree with you it's toxic

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I honestly thought Linville Gorge was a good guy, but more importantly, had great input and contributed a lot until this recent nonsense.

Just complete toxicity if you don't agree with what he thinks the groupthink should be...

I'm not sure if the abyss the franchise is in is the cause or what, but it is glaring what both he and unfortunately this board has devolved into...

I don’t know why this feels like trying to explain calculus to a 3 year old. This is the dumbest argument ever all because a mod has become nothing but a poo posting pot stirrer in a thread that should have had nothing to do with this. This conversation over whether there is a consensus top QB already happened back during draft season but here we are re-hashing everything because some loser just wants to feel like he’s right about something so ridiculous. Just like they want to talk about the Dalton game over and over and over and over again even though it happened 9 weeks ago and every point and counter point has been made 10 times over. Doesn’t matter what anybody says he’ll just bring it up again in a week as if this whole thread never happened.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Of the 3 links you posted 1 had Young at 4 (highest QB) and Stroud at 6.  One literally said it could be Young or Stroud as QB1.  You found 3 links in which one was a wash, one had Young as QB1, and one had Stroud.  These aren't just mocks, it's big boards and player rankings.  You can't change history man whether it was wrong or right.  

Most outlets had Bryce #1. To you it was enough to be a consensus. To me it wasn't. Especially considering how many bumped Bryce up when it became obvious he was going to be the pick. Ultimately these guys are trying to bail the draft. The closer you get to the draft the more they move toward trying to predict the draft vs. giving their opinions.

We're arguing over the semantics of a definition. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Bob and Tom's mock draft is very relevant in determining expert consensus. A lot of mock drafts are "consensus" because they just copy each other. 

And a lot are built around what drives the most clicks. Bryce being the size he is and how it's going to translate into the NFL provides far more content and talkability than CJ Stroud and the history of OSU QBs in the NFL. It also makes for a great overcoming success story which gives even more content. Content doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it has to be interesting. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But I was told that Bryce was the consensus #1 QB available, inside and outside of the Panthers organization. So this can't possibly be true.

D

5 hours ago, CanMan11 said:

Just look at this 'guy' .. this is some 'Emperor Wearing No Clothes' type poo .. the NFL is trolling the fug out of this fanbase because fans say "..Cam had one good year he wasn't that good.." .. he had one good year because this team was trash around him, now you'll trade a ransom for PreK Bryce

1344.jpg.20eec4f00962585012c3b55304a9800a.jpg

my definition of gimpy....

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

And a lot are built around what drives the most clicks. Bryce being the size he is and how it's going to translate into the NFL provides far more content and talkability than CJ Stroud and the history of OSU QBs in the NFL. It also makes for a great overcoming success story which gives even more content. Content doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it has to be interesting. 

no body that was a 5 10 qb was worth much in the nfl...but dipper ignored the given analytics....idiot..

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t know why this feels like trying to explain calculus to a 3 year old. This is the dumbest argument ever all because a mod has become nothing but a poo posting pot stirrer in a thread that should have had nothing to do with this. This conversation over whether there is a consensus top QB already happened back during draft season but here we are re-hashing everything because some loser just wants to feel like he’s right about something so ridiculous. Just like they want to talk about the Dalton game over and over and over and over again even though it happened 9 weeks ago and every point and counter point has been made 10 times over. Doesn’t matter what anybody says he’ll just bring it up again in a week as if this whole thread never happened.

And now we have a guy emotionally throwing personal insults over a difference of opinion. Real stand up guy.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know what "consensus" means. I think y'all are overblowing the level of consensus in Bryce being #1. Yeah, a lot of folks had him #1. A lot more had him #1 when it became obvious the Panthers would indeed draft him #1. Is it because they had him #1 or because they were trying to be right in their mock draft and rankings? But there were plenty of folks who didn't have him #1. To me, consensus means that there is broad agreement with little dissent. No, it's not unanimity but it's damn close. A simple majority does not equal a consensus IMO. The Ringer also had CJ the #1 overall QB.f

Iy'all want to say he was the consensus #1, fine. It's really a moot point. How about now? You want to see a real consensus? Poll the experts on who the best rookie QB is.

So if you know what “consensus” means, explain your original post. Because, even by your recent self serving definition, one GM wanting Stroud over Young really has no bearing on whatever consensus there was or wasn’t.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

It's funny you think because people don't agree with you it's toxic

Not one thing I said was untrue or without merit.

Anyway, like I said, y'all have defined the groupthink you want in here.  It's all yours...

I would tell anyone interested that I did take the suggestion of the other old-school Huddler and checked out the Panthers Reddit Discord.  Night & day...