• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, I wish they'd had the balls to put UGA in over Bama despite the SEC championship game when UGA had multiple offensive stars banged up.

I mean, Bama needed a hail Mary to beat Auburn last week who was coming off an absolute ass whooping to powerhouse New Mexico State. UGA is the better team despite last night's results. So if we're doing the whole "best teams" thing let's do it full bore.

There was always going to be a team who felt they got screwed over. I knew it was going to be FSU because I know how the NCAA thinks!

Having a backup QB in the playoffs simply doesn't make sense for TV ratings.

I can't remember last year playoffs but didn't one team get blown out?

Just now, Varking said:

If FSU wants to complain then win your bowl game. If they do they have an argument and can claim they were the best. If they lose then they shut up. 

The rest of the bowls have just ceased to matter if we're being honest. Most of the draftable draft eligible kids are sitting them out.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

There was always going to be a team who felt they got screwed over. I knew it was going to be FSU because I know how the NCAA thinks!

Having a backup QB in the playoffs simply doesn't make sense for TV ratings.

I can't remember last year playoffs but didn't one team get blown out?

TCU somehow beat Michigan in the semifinals and then took one of the all-time ass whooping s in the championship game when UGA skull drug them 65-7.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you prefer they put a team in the playoffs with their backup QB and watch them get stomped by Bama?

Then people will complain they should have never made it to begin with.

If FSU QB didn't get injured this is a non story and they are clearly in the playoffs.

You are saying they would get stomped. We will unfortunately never know. FSU looked better in their rivalry game against Florida with their backup QB than Bama did in their rivalry game against Auburn. They just held a 420ypg offense to 188yds. Why couldn’t they do that to Bama’s offense, who only averages 400ypg?

There are 22 starters on a team. If it’s all about the QB, this playoff would be completely different. Again, inconsistently applied standards used to justify personal preferences. QB goes down and you say well it doesn’t matter what you do, we don’t care that the defense just held one of the best offenses in the country to 6 points. That doesn’t make sense. Why would you rank them in the top 4 last week? I’m not an FSU fan, but this is bushleague.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

Then no reason to play an SEC Championship game.  

Don’t disagree or agree, but that’s what it’s come to.

Hell, Alabama went to the playoffs a few years ago when they didn't even qualify for the SEC championship game - not to mention the several times ND has gone despite not being in a conference to even be able to appear in a conference championship game - so we've pretty much already established that the conference championship games don't matter.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

TCU somehow beat Michigan in the semifinals and then took one of the all-time ass whooping s in the championship game when UGA skull drug them 65-7.

And it killed ratings. I don’t think the CFB committee wanted that if they made it FSU vs Michigan in round 1

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ahh now you refreshed my memory!

Yeah I doubt they want to see that kind of whooping again. Maybe if FSU beat Louisville convincingly they would have squeezed them in there, but they didn't and I called it the moment the game was over. They were the odd team out.