• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Transfer portal is a fuging mess.

It’s legit NFL Free Agency except you can literally enter it however many times you want during your college career if you don’t mind sitting out a year each time you transfer.

It really is. I'm all for the kids having more flexibility but the current system is a complete poo show.

They gotta meet in the middle. My plan would be to reinstitute the one year sit out rule except for a fairly generous list of waiver opportunities. Stuff I'd be for allowing waivers for would probably include a playing time waiver (percentage of snaps, maybe 50%), head coach leaving, coordinator leaving, position coach leaving, and a family emergency stipulation. And the school also has to commit to a four year scholarship as long as you remain academically eligible. No more of this year to year scholarship BS.

I have no idea the legal ability to institute any of the above but something along those lines would be fair IMO.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, CRA said:

FSU likely isn’t one of the top 4 best teams.  But you had to put them in.  You simply can’t exclude an undefeated power 5 team for a bunch of 1 loss teams.   That is the committee imploring too much subjectivity….and in a year where the other power 5 conferences weren’t even that great vs prior years. 

I get both sides of the argument. If Travis doesn't go down, FSU is probably in, but I can see a world where the committee doesn't want another 2021 Cincinnati or 2016 Washington situation, where a team got in because by letter of the law, they met the requirements, but then gets blown out because they weren't really one of the best four teams in the country. 

Either way, the committee will either be vindicated or indicted depending on the results of the FSU Georgia game. Georgia wins handily, committee is vindicated. FSU loses closely or wins, committee will hear the noise. 

All of this is moot anyway because of the expansion next year. Even if there is a snub out of the top 12, it won't be nearly as dramatic as a snub out of the top 4.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, travisura said:

I get both sides of the argument. If Travis doesn't go down, FSU is probably in, but I can see a world where the committee doesn't want another 2021 Cincinnati or 2016 Washington situation, where a team got in because by letter of the law, they met the requirements, but then gets blown out because they weren't really one of the best four teams in the country. 

Either way, the committee will either be vindicated or indicted depending on the results of the FSU Georgia game. Georgia wins handily, committee is vindicated. FSU loses closely or wins, committee will hear the noise. 

All of this is moot anyway because of the expansion next year. Even if there is a snub out of the top 12, it won't be nearly as dramatic as a snub out of the top 4.

Non playoff bowl games aren't really a great indicator since so many of the likely to be drafted draft eligible players sit them out.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, travisura said:

I get it, there is nothing we can do about it, but I'll ask you like I have ask everyone else that has said something similar.  What exactly makes you think FSU is not one of the 4 best teams?  They had a better strength of record.  They had a better overall winning % obviously.  Head to head play (They both played LSU) FSU won by more points.  They have a better ranked D, they played in the best conference, no seriously, this year when playing non conference teams (ACC was the best conference believe it or not).  There is no statistical value of metric that says Alabama should have gotten in over FSU.  From everything I can find...it is an opinion.  I just don't get how people can say, or based on what are they saying Alabama was a better program this year than FSU to snub them.  Won the last 2 game with a back up QB by more points than Alabama as well.  I dunno, I don't get both sides of the argument.

Edited by HPPantherzfan

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That'll be fun to watch. Very few linemen - even elite blue chippers - show up on campus ready to play at the P5 level as true freshmen. Deion will probably throw him out there on day one and he'll look like Byron Bell.

This kid alone is a improvement on what they had last year. Im sure they will retool that entire Oline in the transfer portal.

Wasn't expecting them to get the #1 Olineman in the country. That's a good start for them.

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This kid alone is a improvement on what they had last year. Im sure they will retool that entire Oline in the transfer portal.

Wasn't expecting them to get the #1 Olineman in the country. That's a good start for them.

They built their entire OL out of the portal this year. 

UNC landed the #1 ranked OT last year and he was a non-factor as a freshman despite UNC having a fairly run of the mill OL. That's the norm for lineman recruits. They almost always need at least one year of college level S&C not to mention simply another year of physical maturation from age. You aren't getting your quick fixes in the trenches from kids coming straight out of HS.