• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They built their entire OL out of the portal this year. 

UNC landed the #1 ranked OT last year and he was a non-factor as a freshman despite UNC having a fairly run of the mill OL. That's the norm for lineman recruits. They almost always need at least one year of college level S&C not to mention simply another year of physical maturation from age. You aren't getting your quick fixes in the trenches from kids coming straight out of HS.

They will get experienced OL in the transfer portal. That OL was the worst in the country. They can only improve from here. Still way too early to judge their offseason, but this is a good start.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea how baseball survives as a spectator sport. Baseball is the only sport that I even found boring to play growing up. 

I love it. Similar to watching golf. It's supposed to be relaxing, not exciting (until the Playoffs). It survives because it's still popular, played by amazing athletes, with great fans, and great tradition. Take the family to the outdoors ballpark. Eat a dog, drink a beer, sit back and enjoy life. You want to talk meaningless ... that's the NBA regular season.

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea how baseball survives as a spectator sport. Baseball is the only sport that I even found boring to play growing up. 

It doesn’t. Attendance is at like 50%(averaged) for most teams. It’s actually a huge problem for the sport and the commissioner is losing his poo over it. 

Edited by Harbingers

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I love it. Similar to watching golf. It's supposed to be relaxing, not exciting (until the Playoffs). It survives because it's still popular, played by amazing athletes, with great fans, and great tradition. Take the family to the outdoors ballpark. Eat a dog, drink a beer, sit back and enjoy life. You want to talk meaningless ... that's the NBA regular season.

LMAO

Man getting blazed in the hot sun eating glizzy dogs and stuffing your mouth with salty nuts. That's your idea of fun?

It's no different then watching a NFL game except baseball is way less entertaining. The crowds are always dead because there is nothing happening unless someone hits a HR.

Baseball is near the very bottom when it comes to being popular. Sure the diehards love it, but the sport itself is not growing.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

LMAO

Man getting blazed in the hot sun eating glizzy dogs and stuffing your mouth with salty nuts. That's your idea of fun?

It's no different then watching a NFL game except baseball is way less entertaining. The crowds are always dead because there is nothing happening unless someone hits a HR.

Baseball is near the very bottom when it comes to being popular. Sure the diehards love it, but the sport itself is not growing.

I'd argue, but this is a football board. Pointless. On a baseball board I'd have backers.

16 hours ago, Harbingers said:

It’s more than the first day of NHL free agency by a long shot. 700-483(or what ever the precise number is). The dude is getting .7 billion to throw a few balls. 

What's even crazier is MLB revenue isn't anywhere close to that discrepancy from the NHL 10.1B revenue to 7.5b 

• Pie 1