• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Jets 7:30pm

Panthers Fan 69

12 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

If we have games like that we will win more than we lose. We will be fine.  

This. Burns pipe shot is a goal 99% of the time, and we had a good effort/good start to a road trip against a tough west team about as far of a road trip for us as is possible.  Just an all around promising effort that felt like it should have been worth a point at least.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Aho, KK and Simpke Jack have been egregiously bad in the dot for most of the season.

lol what?? Aho is at 53.6%, Drury 54.5%. Kotkaniemi has been bad in the dot but not the others. It was a rough game, but not really indicative of our centers' faceoffs abilities.

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

lol what?? Aho is at 53.6%, Drury 54.5%. Kotkaniemi has been bad in the dot but not the others. It was a rough game, but not really indicative of our centers' faceoffs abilities.

You right.

I looked at ESPN stats last night and they don't have season long fo%. Both have had some real stinker games in the circle. But, overall, much better on the season that I gave them credit for. Ahobaby is actually having a career year in the dot.

Now, last night, all 3 were hot garbage. 

Also, Aho's career year is good for 70th in the NHL this year.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

You right.

I looked at ESPN stats last night and they don't have season long fo%. Both have had some real stinker games in the circle. But, overall, much better on the season that I gave them credit for. Ahobaby is actually having a career year in the dot.

Now, last night, all 3 were hot garbage. 

Also, Aho's career year is good for 70th in the NHL this year.

That 70th stat is a bit skewed by wingers who have small sample sizes. Among players with 100+ faceoffs taken this year Aho is 38th, which considering everything else he contributes, is very solid. Interestingly, Trocheck is absolutely dominating the dot and is first in the league at 64.1%, a career high for him. He was very good here but that is a crazy jump. I do miss him to a degree but still think it was the right call to let him walk and add KK.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=faceoffpercentages&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20232024&seasonTo=20232024&gameType=2&filter=totalFaceoffs,gte,100&sort=faceoffWinPct&page=0&pageSize=50

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1