• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's patience is why we are screwed for at least 3 more years.

Ricky Spanish

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I keep seeing the narrative from national pundits and the media at large that Tepper's impatience is running us into the ground. These people obviously aren't panther fans. If they were, they'd realize the fact that Tepper had TOO MUCH patience for Matt Rhule specifically, and that's what has led to our football purgatory.

It was painfully obvious to literally all panther fans that Rhule sucked and year 3 was going to suck under him. But for whatever reason, Tepper decided to run it back with a hack college coach who sucked at managing and coaching grown men.

Had we fired Rhule then, we'd have had the opportunity to hire one of the following coaches:

Kevin O'Connell

Mike McDaniel

Brian Daboll

Doug Pederson

Of course, we also would have had the opportunity to hire one of the following coaches as well, which let's be honest, is probably the talent pool we would have been wading in:

Josh McDaniels

Matt Eberfuls

Nathanial Hackett

Regardless, we had a real shot at a firm reset last year with a solid up-and-coming coach, but we pissed it all away to watch Rhule and co. flounder for the first month of the season, only to have a grownup step in and clean up his mess. We wouldn't have had to trade away CMC or DJ Moore, and then we wouldn't have had to mortgage the future to trade up to #1 and draft Bryce.

The frustrating part is that this isn't even revisionist history, NO ONE in the fan base wanted Rhule back. It was painfully obvious he sucked and would continue to suck into the future.

Then Fitterer went and panic sold all our best players to try and get a QB that he already sank tons of resources into.

At least he ripped the band-aid off with Reich. That needed to happen as well. Now he needs to rip the band-aid off with Fitterer, do a hard reset this offseason and embrace the suck for the next 3 years as we try to claw our way back to being mediocre with a new regime and new talent.

I think we had the talent last year to get a playoff spot if we had competent coaching from the get-go. I never think any one franchise is more than 2 years away from competing, but now we are so depleted of talent and hope that we are in a 3-year rebuild at the shortest. Had we just pulled the plug on Rhule when it needed to happen, we wouldn't be in such dire straits.

...said this bs 2 years ago....your prediction is gonna fall short by another 2 years....the bone on this one is thickkkk.

2 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

...said this bs 2 years ago....your prediction is gonna fall short by another 2 years....the bone on this one is thickkkk.

The only "Good" players on our team right now are Brown, Luvu, and Horn, and Horn is never healthy.

That's it.

That's the list.

We are screwed for a while.

Yea I actually don't but the whole *Tepper is impatient bit*. If anything he kept Ron, Hurney and Rhule all one year too long. I think actual NFL people probably see that but the media has become such a what has happened in the last five min type of reporting. 

Which makes why firing Reich so quickly actually surprised me and why my conspiracy theory is that Reich wanted to be fired.