• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's patience is why we are screwed for at least 3 more years.

Ricky Spanish

Tepper has a knee jerk reaction to bad decisions he made in the past.  Because he held on to Rhule that 3rd season, Dave was determined not to 'waste' time this go around.  The evidence is everywhere: QBs, philosophy, coaches etc.. The problem is that Tepper is NOT a football guy and approaching this venture into football like swinging a bat trying to hit a pinata.  When he swings one direction and doesn't connect, he wildly swings in another direction.  Another reason he's so damn focused on analytics.  He doesn't intuitively 'get' football, so he relies on sets of data to help him make sense of things.

• Pie 2

yeah that's the narrative i can't buy at all...talking as if tepper jumped too quickly off of rhule when he actually did it a season and a half too late. 

we all saw it from the outside. you have to know there was some stuff to see from the inside. 

but the appropriate criticism of tepper wasn't a lack of patience with rhule, it was far too much. 

same could be said with both rivera and hurney both. too much patience with them. 

he pulled the plug on reich at the right moment. i mean we're screwed, but we were screwed anyways. time to get started looking at new HCs and hoping the recent guys don't scare them all off.

• Pie 3

Just now, uncfan888 said:

If we look like crap again next year, we'll reset with a new qb in 2025. If tepper finally realizes he's 90 percent of the problem, we'll be OK. But who knows if his giant ego will allow that to happen 

i've already checked out of next season, too. i just don't have a good feeling about anything up until 2025 and even then i'm kind of sketchy about it.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i've already checked out of next season, too. i just don't have a good feeling about anything up until 2025 and even then i'm kind of sketchy about it.

It’s heart breaking to me as that is the reality 

been with the franchise from the very beginning 

that’s the way of pro sports….pay your money and take your chances 

watching the Teppers’ quickly exit, with his wife leading yesterday,  out of their box after the 1 yard failure was hilarious   

if only  they would leave town that quickly 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

yeah that's the narrative i can't buy at all...talking as if tepper jumped too quickly off of rhule when he actually did it a season and a half too late. 

we all saw it from the outside. you have to know there was some stuff to see from the inside. 

but the appropriate criticism of tepper wasn't a lack of patience with rhule, it was far too much. 

same could be said with both rivera and hurney both. too much patience with them. 

he pulled the plug on reich at the right moment. i mean we're screwed, but we were screwed anyways. time to get started looking at new HCs and hoping the recent guys don't scare them all off.

That's the reason it was so dumb to pull the plug on Reich mid-season.  If he had his mind on letting Frank go, fine, do it at the end of the season.  Our season, while 'mathematically' not eliminated from the playoffs, was over, but firing a coach at the quickest rate in 40 year is going to give some good candidates pause before coming here.  I know, there's only 32 of these jobs, BUT unless a dude is unemployed, he can stick around his current gig until the next coaching cycle.  Approximately 8 openings happen every year, so a calculating--smart coach will stay put and wait until the next cycle and stay away from this dumpster fire.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

All depends on tepper finally realizing he doesn't know everything. If that happens, we'll be OK. If it doesn't, we're screwed 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's the reason it was so dumb to pull the plug on Reich mid-season.  If he had his mind on letting Frank go, fine, do it at the end of the season.  Our season, while 'mathematically' not eliminated from the playoffs, was over, but firing a coach at the quickest rate in 40 year is going to give some good candidates pause before coming here.  I know, there's only 32 of these jobs, BUT unless a dude is unemployed, he can stick around his current gig until the next coaching cycle.  Approximately 8 openings happen every year, so a calculating--smart coach will stay put and wait until the next cycle and stay away from this dumpster fire.

He did it to see if Reich was the problem, or Bryce was the problem.

• Pie 1

I'm not sure there is any common theme with patience. He just makes piss poor decisions whenever they occur.

His impatience with Reich might damage the team more than anything he has done. Reich is a well liked individual and this will leave a scar.

Edited by csx

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

He did it to see if Reich was the problem, or Bryce was the problem.

Let's test this theory and see how patient he is with Bryce.  If Bryce not only loses out the rest of the season AND still looks like he's not even at NFL backup caliber, then we should be making a QB change in the offseason, correct?  It's been 40 years since a coach was fired this quickly, but Josh Rosen getting the boot was in recent years.  Let's see how patient Tepper is with Young.

• Pie 1