• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rods System

Panthers Fan 69

From the games I've seen, our defense is getting caught out of position more than I'm accustomed to, which is leading to odd man breaks. And it seems like our forwards are not committing to the back check as much when other teams are getting it deep. Not to mention, our goalie play has been significantly worse this year than previous years.

That being said, we are still second place in our division despite most of us being upset at how we're playing... 

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

From the games I've seen, our defense is getting caught out of position more than I'm accustomed to, which is leading to odd man breaks. And it seems like our forwards are not committing to the back check as much when other teams are getting it deep. Not to mention, our goalie play has been significantly worse this year than previous years.

That being said, we are still second place in our division despite most of us being upset at how we're playing... 

also Edmonton had a week off… they were skating circles around us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think Rod may trust some guys a little too much. Thats about it. He needs to realize where the weaknesses are and address them instead of going on blind faith. We all knew we needed another centerman and that didnt happen. We all knew we needed more help in scoring, that didnt happen. We all knew the goal tender situation needed to be addressed and it wasnt. The offseason was spent on trying to be tougher and grittier when that really wasnt the issue at all.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

The offseason was spent on trying to be tougher and grittier when that really wasnt the issue at all.

It was an issue, just not the top priority as some thought it was. Nonetheless, it was addressed with an every-night guy in Bunting and a role-player in Lemieux. Orlov was added, although that is still a head-scratcher when everyone knew TDA was coming back. 

I don't care how tough and gritty a team is. If that team is winning consistently, they're going to take some hits along the way. Toughness and grit don't win games, goal scoring does. And that's the part nobody addressed. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1