• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers calls Panthers' silence a "turn off," but remains open about his future

jbland

They are doing what he did last year and he has a problem with it? They didn't complain about what he did, but he wants to say something publicity about them? what a douche.

Actually, he stated his intentions last year - his problem with the Panthers is that they have not stated their intentions yet.

If all of this still does not produce a phone call from Hurney as a matter of courtesy to someone who they've said all along they value and want to keep, then I have to conclude it's a matter of stubborn pride that they won't pick up the phone and call him.

Honestly, I expect better from the Panthers than I do from Julius Peppers and his agent. I don't care what he did, I expect them to do things the right way.

I just think the Panthers are tired of dealing with Peppers. Last year all they would say is they wanted Peppers back and he messed that up. So this year they are Moving on with Brown and Johnson. I mean can we really say we didnt see this coming?

what would they have to gain from talking to pep at this point?

they don't know 100% what is going to be happening with the cap situation next year. no use in starting discussions with someone about a new contract when you don't have all the info you need to come to the table with.

they can't tag anyone until Feb 11 and have until the 25th to do it. free agency doesn't start until march 5. he's under contract until march 4th.

he made it clear last year that he was just going to look out for himself doing what's best for him and they are making it clear that they are going to do what's best for them and work in their best interest. no need in talking to him unless you know what you want to do with him.

they have nothing to gain from saying anything to him. the only one that benefits is peppers.

Let me get this straight. He had two and a half sacks. The team offered to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league. And, the team wasn't sure thay wanted to do that.

DUH!!!!

Save it 'til next year. They did. He didn't sign. He wants out. He thinks it'll be different somewhere else.

What I took from it was that he acknowledged that he WOULD be the highest paid defensive player, but he thought that he deserved more. All he would say is that is was barely over the next persons money. All in all, Pep got greedy, or his agent did. He or his agent felt that if he waited on year and dominated he would get the kind of dinero he wanted.

Simply put, it is just greed. Still, I really believe it was his agent that thought that he deserved more. I really don't think that Pep wants to leave now, but will be forced too. At the end of the interview, he said that he is impressed with a lot of the young guys on the roster.

Still, it may cost him a spot on that roster.

I don't blame the organization one bit.

Yep. They try to offer him a long deal contract before several years ago & he didn't sign it. I'm starting to dislike Pep with what going on lately, especially when he wanted to leave last year & it why we trade our 2010 Draft 1st round pick to get Brown until he decided to stay. And he should at least be patient that they haven't talk to him yet. They're just waiting to see what they can do before they want to sign him or not. Be patience for once, Pep!! :P

I've disliked Pep ever since his 2.5 sack season. He was always a quiet guy up to that point, but after that year, he made it quite apparent he didn't want to be a team leader and didn't care what team he was with. Then the Panthers offer him an insane contract and he snubs it. Peppers has been full of crap for several years now. I think the FO is taking quite a hard stance on all of this (or Peppers' agent is lying), but some of it is quite vindicated.

It's all just very confusing. Why would the Panthers be so willing to pay him huge sums of money a couple years ago and not now? They can't be holding THAT huge of a grudge. After all, their bottom line is winning. Peppers at least helps on the front from the majority of his career.

It all just sounds fishy. Sounds like either Peppers or the FO is lying (or keeping quiet) about what negotiations have/haven't been.

what would they have to gain from talking to pep at this point?

they don't know 100% what is going to be happening with the cap situation next year. no use in starting discussions with someone about a new contract when you don't have all the info you need to come to the table with.

they can't tag anyone until Feb 11 and have until the 25th to do it. free agency doesn't start until march 5. he's under contract until march 4th.

he made it clear last year that he was just going to look out for himself doing what's best for him and they are making it clear that they are going to do what's best for them and work in their best interest. no need in talking to him unless you know what you want to do with him.

they have nothing to gain from saying anything to him. the only one that benefits is peppers.

Good faith, showing some interest in him. Nothing wrong with communicating with him. Hell, all panther players should be contacted by someone in the organization at least once a week just because they are employees.

Archived