• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A more fair statement...

Zod

I don't question your friendship nor your loyalty to him.

I don't think it's fair to lambast someone who was not on the receiving end of his generosity and lighter side.

He made his friendships here, that is clear. But he also left a legacy of darkness with others and I have done my best not to dishonor a man who is not even in the ground.

I didn't know him well and did not claim to either. But I remember his alter ego and it was a troubling side to him. I hope he's at peace and I pray for his family to have solace in this.

Let's not continue to throw rocks at people because they do not know the same person you call a friend.

Very well put.

I don't know what's scarier. The Electro I didn't know about, or the people defending him to the hilt today. So torturing animals and scaring the schitt out of other posters is forgivable, but feeling the need to say something when people are wanting to honor this man at a tailgate is not? Okay.

Some folks are just tired of drama or have their own lives to live and posting on the huddle isn't always priority 1.

that's me. i can't believe i read through all these pages(admittedly I skipped much of it) just to see examples of unstable behavior. being on the huddle has become habit though, and I read often. damn, there's a lot of stuff not worth reading though. how many threads is this now for one man?

i didn't really know clif, but did speak to him on the phone a few times to get tickets(some offered for free), and the last time he said he was going to get me a good deal on a jersey just to help out a fellow fan. i only knew of his generosity.

i won't take shots at him since I had only heard of the 9lives member, but i can understand the feelings some of you have. my father's 2nd wife took the bullet to the brain route after they were married for 10 yrs. i knew from the beginning how selfish she was by remarks she'd make to my brother and I behind dad's back, and honestly I was relieved when the end came.

only a few times in my life have i seen an image that i can't get out of my head because of my shear emotional reaction to it. his horses are one of them. the image of a horse laying dead with its head dangling in a dry water trough desperately trying to find a drink... or the bark gnawed off of the trees by starving animals.

that said, it drove me to do some research on the topic.

it seems that horses eat quite often, practically constantly, and even without grazing for half a day will start to start to decline. they don't survive long at all without food or water. after 1 day they will be dehydrated to the point that they can hardly swallow and often will need IVs to rehydrate.

there were some surviving horses on the property. so it likely wasn't long-term neglect, and more likely just a couple days that he was unable to feed them.

that softened up my visceral reaction some. hopefully it'll help some of the other people who i'm sure had the same feelings.

Archived