• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1/9 on 20+ yard throws today.

9 of his 13 completions were less than 5 yards in the air.

That's right. 70% of his completions were under 5 yards. That means that when throwing for over 5 yards he went 4/27 since he was a perfect 9/9 when throwing for less than 5. 

Screenshot_20231210-213200.thumb.png.8074734e20baf5bc15f650104f44888d.png

That’s horrific

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

I’m still seeing tons of people defending his play. All the Panthers YouTube guys are still totally on board 😂

That's mainly just about perceived self preservation on their part. They don't want to take a hardline stance arguing he could be teetering on the edge of being a bust in the event he magically just turns it on and looks the best out of all the QB's in his draft class class next year. Internet reputation is serious business.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Lots of white dots beyond 20 yards.  They can't say shots aren't being taken anymore, Bryce just can't hit them.

It's halftime so I just went through his passing charts for the season.

Here's the 20+ numbers...

Week 1: 0/1

Week 2: 1/3

Week 3: 4/7 (oops, that was Dalton)

Week 4: 0/0

Week 5: 1/1

Week 6: 0/2

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: 2/3

Week 9: 1/1

Week 10: 1/3

Week 11: 0/2

Week 12: 0/0

Week 13: 1/4

Week 14: 1/9

According to the passing charts Bryce has only attempted 29 throws all year over 20 yards. He's gone 8/29. 8 20+ yard completions all year. Keep in mind Dalton had 4 in one game in the same offense throwing to the same receivers.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's mainly just about perceived self preservation on their part. They don't want to take a hardline stance arguing he could be teetering on the edge of being a bust in the event he magically just turns it on and looks the best out of all the QB's in his draft class class next year. Internet reputation is serious business.

Nobody will be happier than me if the guy turns around and plays like an All Pro next year. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again in the future. I'm happy to be wrong if it works out in the favor of my team.

It just seems about as likely as me passing David Tepper on the Forbes list.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Nobody will be happier than me if the guy turns around and plays like an All Pro next year. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again in the future. I'm happy to be wrong if it works out in the favor of my team.

Absolutely. I do not want to see this team completely set back for the next 2-3 years minimum. I would be thrilled to see Young do a full 180.

But I've seen enough bad QB play from this team over a few decades to know. 2 consistent long term starters in nearly 30 years of Panthers history says generally what you see is what you get. And certain people who did a full victory lap around the fact they broke the news of Bryce Young being the pick telling us they can't evaluate him is akin to an alcoholic telling people they don't have a drinking problem. Nothing but an eye roll from me.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Absolutely. I do not want to see this team completely set back for the next 2-3 years minimum. I would be thrilled to see Young do a full 180.

But I've seen enough bad QB play from this team over a few decades to know. 2 consistent long term starters in nearly 30 years of Panthers history says generally what you see is what you get. And certain people who did a full victory lap around the fact they broke the news of Bryce Young being the pick telling us they can't evaluate him is akin to an alcoholic telling people they don't have a drinking problem. Nothing but an eye roll from me.

You expect a rookie to have some rough plays, bad games, missed reads, some bad turnovers, you expect them to be inconsistent. It comes with the territory. But you want to see flashes of special talent. You want to see them have some games where you're like "Damn! He looked like a legit franchise QB out there today!" It just hasn't happened.

My concern is this might be the best Bryce is gonna look. Most 1st round QBs are drafted largely on potential. You expect them to get better as their experience catches up to their talent. With guys like Bryce you're expecting their experience and mature beyond their years mentality to carry them. Mac Jones was a similar guy. He threw for nearly 4k yards and 22 TDs vs. 13 INTs as a rookie. Everyone was talking about him as potentially the next Brady. Well, look at him now after the NFL has got more film on him and can better exploit his talent deficiencies. 

I fear it's very possible that we're seeing the best of Bryce right now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You expect a rookie to have some rough plays, bad games, missed reads, some bad turnovers, you expect them to be inconsistent. It comes with the territory. But you want to see flashes of special talent. You want to see them have some games where you're like "Damn! He looked like a legit franchise QB out there today!" It just hasn't happened.

My concern is this might be the best Bryce is gonna look. Most 1st round QBs are drafted largely on potential. You expect them to get better as their experience catches up to their talent. With guys like Bryce you're expecting their experience and mature beyond their years mentality to carry them. Mac Jones was a similar guy. He threw for nearly 4k yards and 22 TDs vs. 13 INTs as a rookie. Everyone was talking about him as potentially the next Brady. Well, look at him now after the NFL has got more film on him and can better exploit his talent deficiencies. 

I fear it's very possible that we're seeing the best of Bryce right now. 

Honestly. Mac Jones was a significantly better QB at Alabama than Bryce. And he is ass cheeks in the NFL.

I feel like for Bryce Young to turn this around and have a hall of fame career he would have to be the ultimate outlier. Second only to Tom Brady.