• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked on Panthers: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Chris Tabor not considering sitting Bryce

jayboogieman

29 minutes ago, panther252 said:

I feel we should bench Bryce so we can evaluate how some of our players look like under a possibly competent offense. I think we've seen enough to know the next 4 games aren't going to make a difference. If we don't, we won't even know how bad the team truly is or how big of a problem Bryce is. If the team actually looks decent maybe it's enough to help us move on from this mistake easier. 

Again, who on offense can’t be evaluated or is more important to evaluate than Young? Let’s get off the Young hate and be honest. Knowing he’s not the guy as soon as possible is one of the huge things this team needs. The other’s are draft talent, good coach and good GM. There is NO one else offense that comes close to those 4 things.

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

What do we have to evaluate on the rest of the offense?

Hurst, Thielen, Sanders, Hubbard, Chark and TMJ are known entities and/or not long term options.

The only person you could potentially say you want to evaluate is Mingo. Is he more important than knowing for sure, as soon as possible, that Young is not the answer? Not even close and Mingo has been getting a ton of minutes.

You might say OL but OL can be evaluated with Young or Dalton. I don’t care who the QB is when someone flies by Iky for a sack.

Sorry, but the team benefits more from Young starting and getting us close to a poo or get off the pot moment with him. No one else offense cannot be evaluated or is anywhere close to as important to evaluate.

The team looks like hammered shitt with Young at QB. At some point you have to have some fukking pride. Honestly, Bryce should bench himself. He's hurting the team. I'd have more respect for him as a leader if he sat himself and gave this team an opportunity to be better. 

But hey, keep him on the field the last 3 games and let him set an NFL record.

Bryce Young. Owner of the worst season of football by any QB in NFL history. 

34 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If he gets hurt then that's worst case scenario 

Maybe unless it again shows he can’t survive the sacks, another ding on him long term.

We have poo on offense and Dalton isn’t good. I don’t think Young is the answer already but there is no way the team is ready to throw in the towel. If they aren’t,  I want him to start enough that they will throw in the towel.

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The team looks like hammered shitt with Young at QB. At some point you have to have some fukking pride. Honestly, Bryce should bench himself. He's hurting the team. I'd have more respect for him as a leader if he sat himself and gave this team an opportunity to be better. 

But hey, keep him on the field the last 3 games and let him set an NFL record.

Bryce Young. Owner of the worst season of football by any QB in NFL history. 

Emotion aside, c’mon. This is our offense right now:

Hurst, Thomas, Tremble at TE

Hubbard and Sanders at RB

Thielen, Chark, Mingo and TMJ at WR

Iky, Bozeman and Moton still starting and a rotating bag of PS/released guys at both G spots.

There is nothing to be proud of and people need to think rationally and not with emotion. Does Young suck? Yes. In an ideal world would I trade him for a sandwich and start over in 2024? Yes. Even so, you know the team is not giving up right now or even before 2024. The only way they cut bait early is to prove he’s not the guy. Benching him doesn’t do that during his rookie year. Swallow your pride (we were sucking this year anyway) and let Young reach the end of his leash. 

32 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It’s his rookie year as the number 1 pick. Hes got a longer leash than this season with a crappy OL and crappy WRs. I’m not saying you are incorrect but the team is not ready to cut bait.

All I am saying is that the more he plays, the more his excuses go away. 2025 is where I think we’ll go QB and if we get a baby Jesus type miracle with a QB whisperer coach, we used 2024 draft to build up OL and WR/TEs.

I didn't say cut bait, i said they have sacrificed and wasted enough time when nothing is changing for Bryce any week. I also said he would be here next year regardless. Just admiting he is very likely a dud isn't cutting bait it's just accepting the situation vs waiting for the butterfly to emerge and start doing that which he can't do at this level even agaisnt bottom tier compitition.

The only people using excuses at this point are the same ones that can't admit what the situation really is anyways so doing anything isn't going to change their cope. At least work on the rest of the team and stop playing the anchor that kills all momentum of any possible improvement for the other guys.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Emotion aside, c’mon. This is our offense right now:

Hurst, Thomas, Tremble at TE

Hubbard and Sanders at RB

Thielen, Chark, Mingo and TMJ at WR

Iky, Bozeman and Moton still starting and a rotating bag of PS/released guys at both G spots.

There is nothing to be proud of and people need to think rationally and not with emotion. Does Young suck? Yes. In an ideal world would I trade him for a sandwich and start over in 2024? Yes. Even so, you know the team is not giving up right now or even before 2024. The only way they cut bait early is to prove he’s not the guy. Benching him doesn’t do that during his rookie year. Swallow your pride (we were sucking this year anyway) and let Young reach the end of his leash. 

See, we weren't sucking this year. That was the whole point of drafting BY. This team won 7 games last year on pride and passion at the end against some bad teams, but we still won.

Bryce was supposed to be dropped in as the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck and take this team over the top. That's what was supposed to happen. Bryce has at best looked like a practice squad QB. If he wasn't the 1st pick in the NFL draft, he'd be cut. He's that bad. That's not emotion, that's just facts. 

Emotion is what Tepper hasn't allowed and that is the benching of Bryce Young to try and save his pride. I've seen enough. Am I emotional? Yeah. Why? Because it's so obvious 99.99 % of fans can see the job isn't getting done. Dalton may suck balls too. But the best offensive game we've seen this year came in the loudest stadium in the NFL in shitty weather with an oline that gave out pressures like they were candy at Halloween. 

I said it at the beginning of the season, all during the season, and I will keep saying it. Put the best QB on the field regardless of where they were drafted. And right now, the best QB on this team is not Bryce Young. 

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

See, we weren't sucking this year. That was the whole point of drafting BY. This team won 7 games last year on pride and passion at the end against some bad teams, but we still won.

Bryce was supposed to be dropped in as the most pro ready QB since Andrew Luck and take this team over the top. That's what was supposed to happen. Bryce has at best looked like a practice squad QB. If he wasn't the 1st pick in the NFL draft, he'd be cut. He's that bad. That's not emotion, that's just facts. 

Emotion is what Tepper hasn't allowed and that is the benching of Bryce Young to try and save his pride. I've seen enough. Am I emotional? Yeah. Why? Because it's so obvious 99.99 % of fans can see the job isn't getting done. Dalton may suck balls too. But the best offensive game we've seen this year came in the loudest stadium in the NFL in shitty weather with an oline that gave out pressures like they were candy at Halloween. 

I said it at the beginning of the season, all during the season, and I will keep saying it. Put the best QB on the field regardless of where they were drafted. And right now, the best QB on this team is not Bryce Young. 

We had an easy schedule last year and our QB play certainly got worse this year. We also traded away CMC and DJ Moore. We’ve also had a ton of OL injuries and our OL via Reich dropped off a cliff like the Colts did. We lost Shaq Thompson, Christensen and Corbett (basically) for the year. We lost Horn for most of the year as well. Look at the game where Horn didn’t play last year and Mike Evans killing us. The team last year was a more talented and healthier team. I said it often before this year started that we didn’t have any depth and that we were very healthy last year until the last week.

Do you want Andy Dalton as our long term QB? If not, we need to get clear of Young and we can’t until his play has convinced the team to move on. The drop in Young theory doesn’t matter. It’s over and Tepper still owns the team.

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Young is the perfect tank commander in 2024.

I don’t know why that is so hard to see. There is one player on offense who actually might have an impact in the future if he gets better. Mingo. There is no one else to evaluate to let Young tank us and make everyone fully realize we need a QB with our 2025 1st (crossing fingers there’s good ones). 

43 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I didn't say cut bait, i said they have sacrificed and wasted enough time when nothing is changing for Bryce any week. I also said he would be here next year regardless. Just admiting he is very likely a dud isn't cutting bait it's just accepting the situation vs waiting for the butterfly to emerge and start doing that which he can't do at this level even agaisnt bottom tier compitition.

The only people using excuses at this point are the same ones that can't admit what the situation really is anyways so doing anything isn't going to change their cope. At least work on the rest of the team and stop playing the anchor that kills all momentum of any possible improvement for the other guys.

Again, who on offense do we actually need to evaluate and worry about improving? I can see Mingo, but the OL is evaluating regardless of Young or Dalton.

I’m saying that I want to cut bait. I want Young to finish the year and start next year so we will cut bait. I don’t see any chance we use a high pick on a QB in 2024 so my number 1 priority for QB is to get on to the next guy. I don’t think Young will ever be there because his limits are real problems.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Again, who on offense do we actually need to evaluate and worry about improving? I can see Mingo, but the OL is evaluating regardless of Young or Dalton.

I’m saying that I want to cut bait. I want Young to finish the year and start next year so we will cut bait. I don’t see any chance we use a high pick on a QB in 2024 so my number 1 priority for QB is to get on to the next guy. I don’t think Young will ever be there because his limits are real problems.

Anyone! Everyone should be auditioning now for the new coaching staff and hopefully front office crew. Playing Dalton and getting more out of anyone only helps next year. Bryce is so bad that his play effects everyone else. Playing Dalton just allows a decent backup level of play to see if any positives can be found.

There is no good master plan to convince someone who knows so little about football why his guy is complete ass. It just doesn't exist. The best hope of a decent next guy is 2025. Until then it's take anything better that you can get because the owner is a football idiot and any hope of him doing anything decent is a complete waste of time right now. Prepare for another year next year very similar to this year until he steps back and allows someone else to fire all the garbage he has hired. 

• Beer 1