• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King: Just Walk on By

SaltAndPepper

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The big problem is he wants to succeed too much, but he thinks it's on him to ensure it happens and the more he fails, the more he feels he has to fix it or make sure he fixes it.

What makes it even harder is he's no smarter than many fans. You look at that thread that talks about what we would do to fix the team and I could see him in there going , "yeah! This is what I need to do!"

Not that he would read any and take suggestions, more that his mind is working the same way most of ours do....thinking that he knows more about how to run/fix a team than we actually do.

It's ok for us, because we're just dumb fans dreaming. It's not ok for him because he's just a dumb fan who owns a team and wants to run it.

And what makes it even worse is this is something he's obsessed with and he's not going to be able to let go or back away. he'll hire and get involved in every aspect and he'll listen to and be influenced by too many voices (including his wife).

Hire a president of football operations who knows his poo, then give him the authority to run the team and then back the hell off.

I guess my only question is how do we know to what extent the guy is actually dictating? People assume Bryce was all on Tepper. i actually disagree. I think Bryce was a Scott Fitterer obsession and Tepper has been listening to him. 

Edited by Frank9999
  • Pie 2

It was Scott who thought it was a good idea to trade away Cmac. 

it was Scott who refused two first rounders for Burns and never got a deal done.

it was Scott who sat up on the podium and literally basked in the glory of the current roster he assembled and said it was ready to drop a QB in. 

Edited by Frank9999
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

What he's done to this organization is criminal. For a start up franchise we had a pretty awesome run the first 2 decades. Nfc championships, superbowl appearances and many playoff appearances.  Sure we had growing pains but those seasons produced good results later. Tepper has came in and turned this organization into the worst and most toxic in pro sports.  He's taken our Panthers and turned them into an absolute nightmare for the loyal fans. I wish rules were in place that totally incompetent deranged owners could be forced to sale. I knows there's nothing we can do except turn the channel or stop buying tickets. 

I miss having a good season every other year. And as bad as some of our seasons were, we've NEVER in the HISTORY of Panthers football had this bad of a stretch. Yeah, we'd go 7-9 or 6-10 some years, but NEVER bottom of the NFL bad. It was still at least entertaining and we were somewhat still in the playoff hunt if a few things gone our way. These seasons since Tepper has taken over aren't even remotely fun or entertaining. Usually bad teams have a player to cling on to, or a few upsets that get you excited, or some crazy highlights. We have NOTHING. NADA. Not a damn thing about this franchise is encouraging.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Where there is smoke...

Yeah Tepper is looking exactly like some had thought. Go figure.

Anyways, it's out now and people are talking a lot more. I guess his new PR bot is also.

What happens when Tepper finally hires competent football people? This all just goes away and people shut up about it. 6 years is not a long time for a new owner tbh. He can still get it right

Edited by Frank9999

2 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I guess my only question is how do we know to what extent the guy is actually dictating? People assume Bryce was all on Tepper. i actually disagree. I think Bryce was a Scott Fitterer obsession and Tepper has been listening to him. 

And that's the problem. It's the power of influence people have over him and the authority he gives them. Which wouldn't be a problem if he hired better than he does.

He's getting caught up in the emotional crap. He bought the program building poo of Rhule and then the good guy pastor hype of Reich. He has a type. He wants emotional influencers as coaches. And then the draw was Bryce being basically a sweetheart personality. A good kid with great manners that you would feel good bringing home to mama.

It's not just Fit. It's everyone who he allows to have his ear and then he gets involved in the decision making or in the process and he'll try to influence it set expectations based on the couple of people who has his ear at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I miss having a good season every other year. And as bad as some of our seasons were, we've NEVER in the HISTORY of Panthers football had this bad of a stretch. Yeah, we'd go 7-9 or 6-10 some years, but NEVER bottom of the NFL bad. It was still at least entertaining and we were somewhat still in the playoff hunt if a few things gone our way. These seasons since Tepper has taken over aren't even remotely fun or entertaining. Usually bad teams have a player to cling on to, or a few upsets that get you excited, or some crazy highlights. We have NOTHING. NADA. Not a damn thing about this franchise is encouraging.

Yall need to calm down. Teams in NFL can change drastically in short periods of time

bringing in the right football people can drastically change everything quick. 

I still dont buy that Tepper is unwilling to listen to anyone i think thats a load of bs 

Just now, Frank9999 said:

Yall need to calm down. Teams in NFL can change drastically in short periods of time

bringing in the right football people can drastically change everything quick. 

I still dont buy that Tepper is unwilling to listen to anyone i think thats a load of bs 

There is literally no way you can argue that we are at least 2 full offseasons away from being competitive much less actually competing

I hear about these quick turnarounds all the time but that aint us

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

And that's the problem. It's the power of influence people have over him and the authority he gives them. Which wouldn't be a problem if he hired better than he does.

He's getting caught up in the emotional crap. He bought the program building poo of Rhule and then the good guy pastor hype of Reich. He has a type. He wants emotional influencers as coaches. And then the draw was Bryce being basically a sweetheart personality. A good kid with great manners that you would feel good bringing home to mama.

It's not just Fit. It's everyone who he allows to have his ear and then he gets involved in the decision making or in the process and he'll try to influence it set expectations based on the couple of people who has his ear at the moment.

I guess my hope is I believe theres a chance he can still get it right when it comes to hiring. Tbh hes still ONLY hired two coaches. This is not like 10 coaches of dog poo we've gone through. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is literally no way you can argue that we are at least 2 full offseasons away from being competitive much less actually competing

I hear about these quick turnarounds all the time but that aint us

We could be competitive next year. Go 500. That kind of crap happens all the time in NFL. We could be two years from being back in playoffs. Culture change in lockeroom and the right guys brought in can have quick and immediate changes 

Edited by Frank9999